Loose Parts Online Inventory?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrPepper8412

Is anyone else interested in seeing an online inventory that users can upload the pen parts they're missing? Sort of like a Craigslist, for loose parts. I think it would be simple enough to develop a cart system that people can upload each part that they have, so when someone needs it and "claims" it, the system would note it as unavailable.

It could be useful; it would expand all our loose parts bins to so many more parts, and instead of having to ask for parts every time, we'd have a central directory? My vision would be that it's a sort of altruistic system. Free shipping on small parts -like 5 or so small pieces-, but you couldn't "claim" parts unless you had parts uploaded yourself?

I was thinking of this idea because I'm in need of some parts which I don't have in my box :wink:
I'm in need of: 1 Barron end cap coupler, 1 black Barron coupler, and a Wallstreet II twist mechanism...This time around, I'd gladly pay for shipping :biggrin: but if anyone else thinks this inventory/site would be a good idea, I'd love to hear your input!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AnachitlPut

here my issue with it. if you are paying for it (shipping) then why don't you go down to your local wood store and get a get for less.

DrPepper8412

There is no local wood store really. I'm from ABQ, New Mexco, and the woodcraft recently closed down, so that's out. I'm currently in Chicago, but the woodcraft in IL doesn't have a loose parts bin, so that's out too. I'd rather pay for shipping a few parts, than buy an entirely new kit and canabalize 1 or 2 parts from it, thus rendering the kit useless (especially on a Barron at $10 or so).

So my thinking is that one or two parts wouldn't cost much at all to ship out, and when it's on an altruistic system, the shipper pays for it, and when they need something, they will order it and THAT shipper will pay for it...sort like passing it on.

Sabaharr

here my issue with it. if you are paying for it (shipping) then why don't you go down to your local wood store and get a get for less.

Not everyone is close to a Woodcraft store. I am from near New Orleans and the closest one WAS Mobile, but it closed. No idea where ther is one now. Where ever it is it's not anywhere I regularily go, so it's out of my reach.

renowb

I like the idea. There are times when I need just one part. But all you really need to do is ask here and maybe someone would have the part you need.

DrPepper8412

I like the idea. There are times when I need just one part. But all you really need to do is ask here and maybe someone would have the part you need.

That's my point exactly. It would just make the whole system a bit faster and also (could potentially) save some people from embarrassment.
Sabaharr, sounds like you'd be interested as well?

DrPepper8412

Hopefully it wont cost much of anything to get started, just some interest and time. I was hoping this thread could guage interest. But I will certainly look into getting something put together!
In the mean time, I really do need 1 Barron end cap coupler, 1 black Barron coupler, and a Wallstreet II twist mechanism...anyone have them in their spares bin?

boxerman

Maybe if you post what pen parts you need right now in the marketplace you might get them faster there then the penturing forum. Post ad in the Wanted one more people might see want your looking for.

Top Bottom