Loose fitting bushings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack barnes

I seem to have a problem with the bushings being a loose fit in the tubes, on some of the kits I'm using, Could this be becausing my shy on one side and proud on the other problem when I assemble the kit?
Jack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brewmeister35

The most likely cause is your barrels are not trimmed perpendicular to the tube or the mandrel is bent. Also make sure your nut is not over-tightened after cutting the square edges off the blanks.

ctwxlvr

loose fitting bushings will cause out of round/off sided turnings, I would check the "standard" size required for the kit and compare both the bushing and the inside diameter of the tube. it may be they are both within specifications required by the manufacturer but at either end of the limits (one to small and one to large) some times a wrap of tape will solve this.... this goes for bushing to mandrel also.

Rifleman1776

As advised, do check sizes carefully. If either the tubes or bushings are not to spec. from the supplier, get on the phone and (politely) complain. In either case, hold off turning because you will get out of round results. Or, you could use a micrometer and turn without bushings or mandrel. But, do make sure what you bought is right.

Randy_

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />.....If either the tubes or bushings are not to spec. from the supplier, get on the phone and (politely) complain.....

I got some improperly sized bushings from Berea for my Streamline American kits. They said they would look into it and get back to me in a week or so. It's been a month and still no word from them. I wanted to be fair and give them plenty of time. Don't want to be a nag; but it does seem like I should have heard something from them by now??

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />.....If either the tubes or bushings are not to spec. from the supplier, get on the phone and (politely) complain.....

I got some improperly sized bushings from Berea for my Streamline American kits. They said they would look into it and get back to me in a week or so. It's been a month and still no word from them. I wanted to be fair and give them plenty of time. Don't want to be a nag; but it does seem like I should have heard something from them by now??

You are not a nag. You are a customer who has received a (possibly) defective product after you sent money to the company. It is completely appropriate for you to nag, nag, nag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom