Loose centerband emperor pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

I recently sold an Emperor Fountain pen and the customer has called and said the centerband is loose. I checked my current inventory and I also have an emperor with a loose centerband. Is this normal for the Emperor? I do not put ca or epoxy on the fittings, just a pressure fit. Do I have to diassemble the cap and then reassemble with epoxy? Any tips on disassemble or just go ahead with the transfer punch. Thanks for your help.

I had the same problem in the past and found that if I just put more pressure on it when the kits gets assembled fixes the problem. I thinks the metal parts compresses just a enough with more pressure applied to it, to keep the center ring tight. It works for me.

scotian12

I should define my centerband problem a bit more. its not the total centerband that is loose...its the gold ring inside the centerband that slides around. Will more compression help this or a bit of glue? Or is it supposed to turn? Thanks Darrell

babyblues

I should define my centerband problem a bit more. its not the total centerband that is loose...its the gold ring inside the centerband that slides around. Will more compression help this or a bit of glue? Or is it supposed to turn? Thanks Darrell
That's what I thought. That's the way the kit is designed, that's all. I've only made 4 emperors, but that ring on the centerband is loose on all of them. It isn't going to fall off, so I would tell them that there isn't anything to worry about.

Top Bottom