Loose CB on Jr. Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This is only my third Jr. Emperor, but this seems pretty odd. I assembled the pen once and everything was fine, except somehow the finish chipped when the CB was pressed in so I took the cap apart. I noticed after taking it apart that the gold trim ring on the CB was really loose. I fixed the finish and put it back together. Everything seemed fine until I loosened the vise I use for assembly and the trim ring was still loose and spins around easily. I put it back in the vise, tightened it up and left it overnight. Still loose this morning. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

martyb

Both the Imperial and Lotus I've done had that same problem. If the CB is similiar to the JR emperor than no amount of clamping can fix that since the gold band is captive in the rhodium U-channel.

gerryr

The other two Jr. Emperors I made did not have this problem. The ring wasn't loose before I took it apart and with the vise tight, the ring doesn't move.

tone

I just had that problem with a Sr Emperor that I assembled. A carefully placed drop of thin ca on the edge of a razor blade alongside the black embossed ring fixed the problem.

gerryr

OK, I got it fixed, but it took a bit of thinking. I took it apart again and noticed that as the CB was coming out of the barrel, the rhodium plated ring next the material was moving away from the gold trim ring. I took a piece of scrap wood and drilled a hole in it just a bit larger than the ID of the cap tube. I put the small end of the CB fitting in the hole and pressed the parts back together. The center ring was no longer loose. I put the pen back together and everything is fine now. And yes, we are talking about $40 + pen kits, Alfred. And, I am going to keep that little block of wood, just in case.

nilsatcraft

I want to thank Gerry for bringing this to our attention. I brought this up with our General Manager as soon as I heard about it. We're looking into our stock right now to see what we can do to get this fixed. As soon as we get through looking at our inventory, we'll contact our manufacturer and find a way to remedy this. I'll post more as soon as I know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom