Looking for a well built cigar pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LenKaltman

Most of my pen kits come from Penn State. I'm pleased with the quality of most of them, particularly the Majestic Squire which I love.

However, the Cigar Pen kits I purchase from Penn State seem to either feel loose after I assemble them, or squeak a bit, or just don't feel solid.

Can anyone recommend other companies that make Cigar Pen kits that they have used, and have a quality feel to them.

Thanks,
Len

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

I find that the ones made by Dayacom are the best quality. Just not sure who carries them.

76winger

I actually found the Cigar pens I purchased from PSI a year or so ago was better quality than those from cheaper sources. The big differenc I noticed was the the cheaper kit had thicker metal for the clip, but it was rough and ragged along the edges where the PSI units were thinner metal but smooth and very well polished. Also, the cheaper kit's nib wrinkled a little bit when I pressed the units together whereas the PSI units were solid.

plano_harry

Take a look at the Berea Cigar Hybrid™ 17D Pen, also called Cubano Black Titanium & Gold Titanium Cigar Ballpoint Pen Kit. That is a solid pen.

I use Berea cigar kits, they are well made. You can get them from Berea Hardwoods, Exotic Blanks, Beartooth Woods, Arizona Silhouette and Woodcraft.

bwftex

I agree with you all about the Berea kits. I use several different pen kits from them and they are all very nice. The finish plating has always has been outstanding.

The only thing I don't care for is the double twist mechanism but they have all been silky smooth and work very well. Superior in feel to some very expensive pens. Maybe it's just me but I like an exact stop when retracted to where the grain or pattern lines lines up perfectly. On many blanks this not a problem but on a few with a bold grain or certain segmented designs it is, at lest to me it is.

Anyone out there using alternative single twist transmissions for these?

Plano Harry..........I agree those hybrid kits are really beautiful. With the right blank the Ultras can look outstanding too.

Bruce

Top Bottom