Looking for tube that will fit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gethenet

im looking for a brass tube that a 3/8 inch brass wood plug will snap into( pressure fit)
I measured the diameter of the plug....its 0.397

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
10, 10.5 or 11 mm might work

Bushing sizes for these are:
10 -- 0.357"
10.5 -- 0.380"
11 -- 0.389"

I don't have any notes handy on what the diameters are of the kit parts that press into these tubes. If no one else comes up with the best fit for you by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be glad to measure some kit parts and see which tube would be good for your part.

Edgar

Gethenet

im looking for a brass tube that a 3/8 inch brass wood plug will snap into( pressure fit)
I measured the diameter of the plug....its 0.397

Had not heard of a "brass wood plug" before!
Is it from a brasswood tree?:biggrin:

Well if rockier has a brass tree, then yes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 154

Gethenet

I figured out how to change my calipers to mm.....and the best measurement I can get is 10.12 mm, so the inner diameter of the tube would have to be 10.12 or close

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You will need the inner diameter to be just a little smaller than 0.397" or 10.1mm so it will press in with a snug fit.

Inside diameter of the tubes is essentially equal the outer dimension of the bushings, so I think one of the 3 that I listed earlier might work. The best way to check will be to measure the parts that come with those kits for pressing into the tube & see which one has parts closest to your plug.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I checked a few kits this weekend and it looks like the pressed parts generally run about 5 to 7 thousandths larger than the ID of the tubes, so I'm guessing that an 11 mm tube with a 0.389 ID will probably work ok for your part. It's certainly going to be the closest one to what you will need that you can find in any pen kits.

I'm not certain about this, but I believe that the only kit that uses 11 mm tubes is the Sketch Pen/Pencil kit sold by PSI and CSUSA. They both used to sell a Classic Click Pen kit that used an 11 mm upper tube and an 8 mm lower tube, but I think it's been discontinued.

Here's a link to the Sketch Pen/Pencil kits & you can also just buy the tubes if you want to do your own thing.

Penn State Industries: Sketch Pen/Pencil & Tubes

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I checked a few kits this weekend and it looks like the pressed parts generally run about 5 to 7 thousandths larger than the ID of the tubes, so I'm guessing that an 11 mm tube with a 0.389 ID will probably work ok for your part. It's certainly going to be the closest one to what you will need that you can find in any pen kits.

I'm not certain about this, but I believe that the only kit that uses 11 mm tubes is the Sketch Pen/Pencil kit sold by PSI and CSUSA. They both used to sell a Classic Click Pen kit that used an 11 mm upper tube and an 8 mm lower tube, but I think it's been discontinued.

Here's a link to the Sketch Pen/Pencil kits & you can also just buy the tubes if you want to do your own thing.

Penn State Industries: Sketch Pen/Pencil & Tubes
PSIs PKMAGNEC Magnetic Necklass Pen Kit uses an 11mm drill bit So their tube might work.

Gethenet

I Appreciate everyone's responses and help with this. I live less than 2 miles from exotic blanks......maybe I can swing by there and sample some tubes

Top Bottom