Looking for suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am wanting to put the metal blanks I have been making on some higher end kits and I am looking for good color combinations. Sometimes I lack that part of this hobby. In particular the braided brass and the braided copper. Thanks. Looking for some suggestions.

IMGP0616.jpg

IMGP0619.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John,

I would suggest a full-sized Gent as a starting point. Your blanks do the talking and the Gent is understated. Buy extra tubes and if you don't like the result do something else with the kit. However, with your blanks I am pretty sure you will like the result!

jttheclockman

John,

I would suggest a full-sized Gent as a starting point. Your blanks do the talking and the Gent is understated. Buy extra tubes and if you don't like the result do something else with the kit. However, with your blanks I am pretty sure you will like the result!

What plating would you suggest with the copper and brass??? That is what has me baffled. Thanks.

Wheaties

I like how you have all of them except for the brass. I agree that's a hard one. I went through all the quality platings in my head and I can't see any of them working (for me). I like the idea of brass, but I can't put a plating to it. My opinion would be to try it with a platinum or rhodium and see how that looks.

broitblat

I am a fan of Black Ti, and think that could go well with the brass (and the stainless or chrome, but I don't know that I'd like it with the copper).

Does the Jr. Gent leave enough material around the tube to work with those blanks?

-Barry

jttheclockman

I am a fan of Black Ti, and think that could go well with the brass (and the stainless or chrome, but I don't know that I'd like it with the copper).

Does the Jr. Gent leave enough material around the tube to work with those blanks?

-Barry

Yes. That is one of the kits I want to step up to.

Top Bottom