Looking for a specific pen clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheAcadian

Hi All,

I have a potential client who asked about a pen clip that has a compass rose on it. I've searched high and low and haven't found one. Anyone have a lead on that type of clip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Hi All,

I have a potential client who asked about a pen clip that has a compass rose on it. I've searched high and low and haven't found one. Anyone have a lead on that type of clip?
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but what is a "compass rose"?

Never mind, I found it. Now to do some research to help you. Does the compass need to be functional? I think so,. In that case it should be found in the finail top OR a Steampunk design with it on the side of the pen. Hmmm, you have given me an idea.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't recall seeing are compass rose design on any clip before, but you can buy tiny working compasses that can replace the cap finial without too much effort.
Google 'Miniature Compass' and you will find bags of 10 for dirt cheap.:wink:

TonyL

Not a solution, but.....

Not close to being a solution for you, but a friend of mine liked maps and I had just bought the inexpensive engraver.

Attachments

• Compass 2.JPG
    Compass 2.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 90
  • PM Compass.jpg
    PM Compass.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 131

jttheclockman

A compass rose is not a working compass.
th

Many years ago I asked a pen maker to see if they could do a compass rose in a laser blank but to this day never heard from him. So I gave up the pursuit.

Last edited:

TheAcadian

Thanks all. Really looking for a small version of a compass rose in the clip. Although maybe getting one in the finial would work too. I'd have to ask the client.

Top Bottom