Looking for specific blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

Hello,

I have been looking at all the sites I can find that sell blanks for something specific but haven't been able to find anything. I'm hoping that you helpful folks can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for an acrylic type blank that is solid silver or gray. I basically want it to look as much like aluminum as possible. I'm also looking for a solid black that is a little thicker than normal pen blanks -- probably at least an inch in width. I've found a couple of black blanks of normal size but even those are out of stock where I found them so even having a hard time with that.

Can anyone point me to someplace that might have these?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
You can turn actual aluminum on a wood lathe with standard wood turning tools. Or you could put put a call to one of the numerous casters on the site to make you a blank of aluminum foil cast in resin. Same with the black blank. Any caster can make you what you want. You don't say how long you want your black blank. Would stopper size do?

You could also try something like this:
Exotic Blanks :: Pen Blanks :: Italian & High-end Resins :: Amedeo Nimbus Acrylic Resin - choose length
but it might not have the look you want. Maybe one of the M3 Blanks would work for you.

dthayer

Yeah, those would work perfectly! I had looked at Ed's site but for some reason didn't find the silver one. As you said, the ebony is listed as out of stock but I'm contacting them to see when they might be in.

I'm also interested in some blanks MikeinSC may have.

Thanks to all for the help!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom