Looking for some sheet brass and aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CabinetMaker

Hi Y'All,

I am getting ready to do a couple of wedding pens and I am thinking about doing a Celtic knot in the body using brass and/or aluminum. I was wondering what a good source for small pieces of sheet stock of varying thickness might be. I checked PSA and Craft Supplies but they didn't have anything. Hobby Lobby might have something close.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Google K&S Metals from Chicago. They have a list of vendors that sell their stuff. You can even buy it in deepest darkest Africa.
Wash the stuff before gluing. I had a few sheets with a slight film of lube on them that CA doesn't like.

PS; the kit was an Imperial.:wink:

CabinetMaker

Google K&S Metals from Chicago. They have a list of vendors that sell their stuff. You can even buy it in deepest darkest Africa.
Wash the stuff before gluing. I had a few sheets with a slight film of lube on them that CA doesn't like.

Thanks! Both answers will help.

MarkD

I found a selection of Brass, Aluminum and Stainless Steel and my local True Value Hardware store. I bought some 3/4" wide by 12" long in varying thickness. I believe one thickness is very close to the kerf of my saw. I hope to check that this weekend.

CabinetMaker

Well bang goes that idea. CSUSA is closing out the Imperial and as my luck would have it, its out of stock. Ah, well. Such is life.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Depending on the amount you want.
THunderbird supply or Rio grande supply sell brass sheet as well as other jewellry supplies.

Let me add this How much ar eyou looking for? I have 18g sheets in 6x12in I could cut you off a piece and send it to you

Last edited:

Russianwolf

Well bang goes that idea. CSUSA is closing out the Imperial and as my luck would have it, its out of stock. Ah, well. Such is life.

Check Exotics, they have either the Imperial or Lotus.

CabinetMaker

Depending on the amount you want.
THunderbird supply or Rio grande supply sell brass sheet as well as other jewellry supplies.

Let me add this How much ar eyou looking for? I have 18g sheets in 6x12in I could cut you off a piece and send it to you
[Thinking out loud] Lets see, 7/8" blank cut at 45° or so for the rings, 2 pieces per ring, 4 rings per pen and 3 pens. That would be 24 pieces at 1.25" by 0.875". I could cut that out of a piece of about 4" by 8"[/Thinking out loud]Looks like will need a piece about 4" by 8".

CabinetMaker

Do inlays with brass and aluminum cut better with scrapers or gouges? I am looking at using an acrylic blank for the pens and I would normally use a scraper to prevent chip out.

TomS

I've purchased brass, copper and alum. sheets(4"x8") at the Hobby Lobby here in Ohio. They have several thicknesses. I think it was in the model car area.
Tom

Top Bottom