Looking for Simulated Granite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

So as the title states, I am looking for a material that would have a similar look to granite. I have a customer who was asking if I can make a pen from the real stuff which I cannot do. Anyone seen something that could pass for a substitute?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

+1 on the Corian and in your order today I placed Classic Gift, a Lucite called Stone that might work...enjoy

renowb

There is some powder you mix with resin that looks like granite and in different colors, too. I just can't remember the name, but it comes in a plastic baggie. I believe casting craft sells it, not sure.

Daniel

I just did a quick search of just one site. I have not sen this in real life so cannot guarantee the accuracy of the photo. the name of the Corian is Monte Blanc.
MB.jpg

Wondering if it is close in your opinion?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Fringe benefit!!

I just did a quick search of just one site. I have not sen this in real life so cannot guarantee the accuracy of the photo. the name of the Corian is Monte Blanc.
MB.jpg

Wondering if it is close in your opinion?

Use this and call the pen your Monte Blanc--spelling is different, but the intent is clear!!

Lonn

been turning serpentene supposing about a 5 on the moes scale of hardness. It looks like granite and turns like crap with carbide but the bur on a smallest m4 bowl gouge performs quite well.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
What color of granite are you looking for since it comes in various colors? I have some corian that I can send you that looks like the photos posted.
thanks,

Top Bottom