looking for a pen kit like this, but better platin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

I ordered a few of these (link below) from woodpenpro.com and just made my first one. It came out great. Its basically a slimline witha centerband the same style as that of a comfort pen, only smaller of course.

The problem is that my pen making time is lower so I want to only use the better plating. I was wondering if anyone has seen these offered by anyone else, and if so if they have better plating.

By the way, I have ordered from woodpenpro several ties and their service and prices are great, just limited on their platings.

Thanks,
Patrick

http://www.woodpenpro.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=914973|1277712&PRID=1431631

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Check out Arizona Silhouette and look at the selection of centerbands that he sells separate from the pens... you might find what you need.. he also has a good selection of slimline platings..

Daniel

P.S.I. also has a close version in satin,Black Enamel and TN.
Possibly in Platinum as well.
http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PCK
items
pk-pensat
pk-pena2b
pk-pena2tn
pk-pena2p

wayneis

Check out either Berea or CSUSA, they have the best quality plating available. I believe that they both have different centerbands so that you can make up your own style. I'm not posative but I believe that Berea is the only company that has black titanium plating.

Wayne

Daniel

This is a bit side tracked. but Wayne. Are Black TN from Berea, and Black Chrome from CSUSA anything alike? well just so I am not putting Wayne on the spot. does anyone know the answer. I have not seen both ony the Black TN.

Daniel, I've seen both and black chrome is just that, BLACK chrome, very shiny black, like say, on some of the cigar kits I've seen posred on others albums. Black Ti on the other hand is very pretty and almost seems to shimmer and change colors in different lights...both can be stunning on the right pen!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Daniel--the black chrome appears to be powder coat. To quote Don Ward, it's "harder than woodpecker lips". It definitely is not prone to the scratching problem of some of the black enamels. The black titanium is a deep gray and is definitely a metallic look as opposed to a powder-coat look. Imagine a gold finish, but in a smoky, deep gray.

Daniel

I've seen the Black Ti with my own eyes and was really excited about it. couldn't decide from photos I've seen if Black Chrome was more like it or Black Enamel. thanks for the comments.

Fred in NC

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PK-PENA2TN&Category_Code=TNKITS

More expensive, but very nice TN kit with beautiful clip and rounded centerband. I buy these from Woodturningz at a price better than PSI catalog.

patrick_1853

Thanks,
Thats what I was looking for. I keep getting orders from one of the doctors my mom works for and I want to start offering the better platings. I just stumbled across this centerband and hadn't seen it anywhere else.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom