Looking for a particular acrylic rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Hi all

I have had a request to make a large kitless pen, but they are looking for a particular stripped acrylic material. Before i sit down and build the blank, I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has seen a rod with this particular patern.
It is alternating colour/white bands - blue, red, green - then a thicker black.
The colours are very bright.

I'm not sure I could make these colours with alumilite.

Any info could help.
Thanks

Attachments

• Stiped acrylic-1.jpg
    Stiped acrylic-1.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

While I still would be interested in an acrylic rod like this, it turns out that the individual that has requested it is not on the up and up. I have heard from other artists, that this person has been known to deal fraudulently with artists.

Needless to say, I have politely turned down the commission.

Thanks everyone.

WriteON

While I still would be interested in an acrylic rod like this, it turns out that the individual that has requested it is not on the up and up. I have heard from other artists, that this person has been known to deal fraudulently with artists.

Needless to say, I have politely turned down the commission.

Thanks everyone.

Good catch. And a finished like that looks custom. You'd have to charge by the piece.

jttheclockman

I also think that was custom made. Have not seen something like that. Yes good catch on the individual. It is a shame things like this go on.

Sprung

It's a shame about that individual, but glad that you were able to catch that early on.

The closest I've seen to that style of blank in a pre-made blank are these - the Hoop
& Loop blanks from Exotic Blanks. I haven't worked with them yet, but do hope to sometime.

Carl Fisher

FYI in case anyone not in the know deals with Maurice Aguirre he has also been passing himself off as Drake Cortlandt and Vance Williams. All the same guy.

Avoid like the plague.

Sandsini

He contacted me recently as well. He wanted me to make a closed end pen in a bumblebee ringed pattern similar to what you posted Darrin. I got a weird vibe from him and asked him to find another penmaker. Glad to hear I made the right choice!

Top Bottom