Looking for a nice length pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mariner1

O.K. I just got my arm out of the brace and am starting to use my lathe for the first time. The wife has informed me that she wants a nice roller ball pen that is the length of the cheap pens you buy in wal mart. Looking for any ideas of what I should make her. Remember this will only be the third pen I have ever made. Oh yeah and the color of the material will be pink :eek:, either wood or tru stone. And as she just passed by she informed me she wants a fine point

Thanks

Karl

Fibonacci

You might look at the magnetic Zen from Exotic Blanks (www.exoticblanks.com). It is a really simple, single tube rollerball with a magnetic cap. They go together really nicely and write wonderfully.

I just finished making 4 of them for a guy at work.

BSea

I'm not sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for. Roller ball pens are usually a little bigger (fatter) than what you'll probably find at Wal-Mart. As far as the length, I don't know. Your best best would be to show her on a website the different styles of roller ball pens, and let her pick (at least that way it isn't your fault:)). As far as fine point vrs medium, that can be done with a variety of refills. Most kits seem to come with a medium tip.

I did just find this roller ball kit. It calls for a 6" blank, so if the pen she wants is long, then this might work for her. Just to let you know, I've never used this kit before, but there have been a few people talk favorably about them on this forum.

Traditional Rollerball.

I know exotic blanks has fine & extra fine roller ball refills.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom