Looking for this material...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

I got this piece in a batch of wood stuff that some fella was selling. Anybody know of a supplier who has it. Looks somewhat like Dymondwood, but the layers of contrasting woods are interlaced, not just laminated. Also, it is not dense like Dymondwood. The layers don't appear to be solid wood, but some sore of reconstituted wood. Thanks.

Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eldee

Tim,
I have a couple of old, lightweight, large (1"x1") Woodcraft pen blanks called "Eclipse" that look like that. I don't know the origin of the material.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe you have a material that was made from compressed paper. When I tried them, I think I got them from PSI---our local sawmill also bought a bunch and sold them as 6x6x2 "bowl" blanks.

Problem was, they were pricey for the time---don't know if they are still available or not. If I think of the name they used, I will edit later---it was something related to eco______, IIRC.

Not a lot of help, but maybe will jog someone else's memory,

Ed

Akula

I believe you have a material that was made from compressed paper. When I tried them, I think I got them from PSI---our local sawmill also bought a bunch and sold them as 6x6x2 "bowl" blanks.

Problem was, they were pricey for the time---don't know if they are still available or not. If I think of the name they used, I will edit later---it was something related to eco______, IIRC.

Ed
Think your correct. Name slips my mind as well but if I had too find one of the old mags I should be able to in my hoard.

Timbo

Ed

It could be compressed paper...its very light weight. The original size of the piece I have was about 6x6x2, so it probably was a bowl blank.

Could be this

If you have an old catalog from Craft Supply, I think it is in there. I believe it was called Stratobond or something of that nature.

Top Bottom