Looking for a lavender acrylic blank in Roswell, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:

I am not sure if this color was invented yet for blanks; I checked at least 5 sites. I am looking for one or more lavender acrylic blanks from any hobbyist near Roswell/Alpharetta/Cumming Georgia - standard 5 x 3/4 or 5/8ths.

The pen in the pic has too much purple in it; others have too much pink.

Please take a pic or refer me to what you have and want to sell. It doesn't have to be solid lavender, just the primary or dominant color.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Forget the picture

This had too much purple in it. I may have to go with it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Purple Acrylic.jpg
    Purple Acrylic.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 161

stonepecker

Tony.... just know that if/when you paint the brass.......that will make a difference in the 'color' of your blank.

I would have several tubes painted and slide them in and take it outside (in the sun) to "check" the color. Of course, all the cloudy days we have been having just kill that idea. We recieved 7 inches of snow today and they are calling for another 3-5 inches tonight.

I am so tired of winter.

Last edited:

TonyL

Here's another one that I don't know the answer to: I had two 7mm tubes factory painted white (pre-painted). When I hit it 150 grit sp, it started to remove the white paint exposing the brass. Now what?

Thanks!

The Penguin

Here's another one that I don't know the answer to: I had two 7mm tubes factory painted white (pre-painted). When I hit it 150 grit sp, it started to remove the white paint exposing the brass. Now what?

Thanks!
don't paint the brass - paint the inside of the drilled hole in the blank (commonly called "reverse painting")

you could reverse paint the same purple pen you first posted - use white.

it will lighten up the blank and you'll probably see it as lavender.

Jim Burr

Banned
I have to ask Tony...is there a legitimate reason you won't make the blank yourself? "Don't know how" doesn't count with the entire world knowledge of pen making at your finger tips

TonyL

As close as I am able to get to lavender

Hi Guys:

Two very generous members gave me two blanks. I cracked one when securing it in my vice to trim the barrel and I cracked the other one when drilling it. The second one may be salvageable for something. The blanks were great....just a case of my inexperience.

I did make two today; I will see if the gal likes this one (it's a gift from my wife and me). Otherwise, I will use one of the ready-made blanks that I have already turned.

This is one outstanding group of folks; I am floored by how kind, generous, and helpful everyone is. Which reminds me, I need to do something that I promised another member a few days ago.

I really need a better way to photograph these: iPhone, my hand, and the my guitar amp cabinet (as the background) isn't going to make it :):)

As far as why not pour/make my own. This is my 11th pen in two weeks, I still have lots of fur on my antlers. I am just enjoying the simple stuff and fellowship for now.

Attachments

• Dark Purple.jpg
    Dark Purple.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 84

TonyL

Thanks!

Thanks Jim...just what I need.....more pressure. LOL. The "old" Tony would have insisted on mixing the resins from scratch and built his own mold. The "new" Tony is just happy to learn something new. I do make pizza from scratch!

I have to ask Tony...is there a legitimate reason you won't make the blank yourself? "Don't know how" doesn't count with the entire world knowledge of pen making at your finger tips

Top Bottom