Looking for a kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Looking for a kit FISHING FOR IDEAS

FISHING FOR IDEAS

I had a customer come to me this past weekend and wants a pen. To get a feel for his taste he liked a gentleman pen I had in an Amboyna Burl but he wanted a fountain pen with an 18 kt NIB. That's not hard I can get that from Lou.

So he likes big flashy gold fountain pens collector type. He sent me a link to these two pens he was looking at and asked if I can do something like that.

Here's the photos
DU_versailles_L_fp.jpg DU_NY_5th_ave_rb.jpg

Here's the links
http://www.joonpens.com/Dupont, S.T._Versailles Limited Edition_pens
http://www.joonpens.com/Dupont, S.T._New York 5th Avenue Limited Edition_pens

So is there anything in a kit that would come close. I have been to CSUSA something like an Imperial perhaps or a L.E. Statesman. I thought I saw a nice pen somewhere that had a filigree that fit over the barrel something like the Dayacom Dragon Emperor.
http://www.dayacom.com.tw/product_02_limit.php?product_id=941&class_item_id=20

Any thoughts or suggestions ???

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I know Berea make a filigree ball point but not a FP. Someone else just came out with some new filigrees, but for the life of me, I don't remember who it is.

I would think a Lotus or Imperial from CSUSA would fit the bill.
Or maybe a Cambridge from Ernie at BTW?

edit in: Found the other source, it's PSI, but they are also just for BP pens.

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

Bruce I am not too sure if there is any turning involved in that high end dyacom pen. Also I have heard big bucks for the silly thing as well. If you want something flashy like a collector pen, then I would consider the Imperial in the black Ti and see if you could talk Dawn into making a Paua shell blank. Another option would be an Eaglized blank. Something like the wave of feathers.

Mike

Russianwolf

I think Dayacom is now offering the Gent with the filigree covers, but the minimum order will likely kill the deal.

Looking at the examples. Get a nice kit and do a hell of a lamination job with some bright brass or something (match the kit color as much as possible, or get a platinum kit and go for contrast).

Option two would be to make the pen then use some gold leaf under a lacquer or CA finish.

Here's the kit I was thinking of. The Floral Classic from Dayacom. But I don't know of anyone that stocks them yet.
http://www.dayacom.com.tw/bigpic.ph...zczNy5qcGc=&product_name=RmxvcmFsIENsYXNzaWMg

Last edited:

JohnU

I dont know about the kit, but Ive seen your pens and I think you could probably make a blank with some white nonwood material and some brass inlay. Lots of cutting and glueing but it would be an eye catcher!

DurocShark

I dont know about the kit, but Ive seen your pens and I think you could probably make a blank with some white nonwood material and some brass inlay. Lots of cutting and glueing but it would be an eye catcher!

Brass in a mold, pour alumilite white (or white resin of some kind) in.

This gives me ideas...

aggromere

in looking for high quality kits the only ones i have found are, emperor, imperial, lotus and to a slightly less degree, the majestic. If you can find someone that sells some of the other daycom highend kits please post it somewhere.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Don't write off the Cambridge, especially now with the new metal couplers. The kit is ornate, but not so ornate that it would clash with an ornate blank. Consider a TruStone blank of Black with Gold web or White with Gold Web. R&B Crafts makes them available through exoticblanks.com

DurocShark

I was thinking they have some expandable mesh that could be used as well. Turn a colored resin smaller than the final diameter, wrap in the mesh and re-cast.

Top Bottom