Looking for idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RosezPenZ

I have a coworker who's son teaches in sniper school. She wants me to make a bullet pen for him. He likes the unusual bullets. Any ideas? My only one is a Russian? 8 ml steel shell. My cousin has one he will fire for me. I figure I can treat like any other and turn it into a pen, but is t really 'unusual'?

AnachitlPut

just a thought but meaby you could do what they call a hog tooth. Its where they take the bullet in the chaimber of a sniper they shot ( ment for them) and make a neckless out of it.

Sylvanite

Does he have any brass with sentimental value? That ususally makes the most valued pen. Look for a round he fired for qualification, that scored high, or has some other special significance. A trophy acquired in combat (although soldiers are not supposed to take those) works well too. Otherwise, find out if he has a favorite caliber. A modern sniper might like 338 Lapua or 50 BMG.

If you have a particular cartridge to use, live rounds can often be disassembled without firing (using the proper tools) to save the original bullet.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Culprit

If you have a particular cartridge to use, live rounds can often be disassembled without firing (using the proper tools) to save the original bullet.

Google kinetic bullet puller - usually under $20. Pull the bullet and use it for the nib, dump the powder then chamber in the weapon and fire the primer before removing it (de-capping tool or drilling).

I have removed live primers with a de-capping tool a handful of times, but it always makes me nervous for some reason. It's not much different than seating them in the first place, but still...

Top Bottom