Looking for different ink converters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

As much as I like the Schmidt converters I put in the pens, I need to get something a little different looking so I can make a few pens that are fairly transparent. I know the big names have different converters for thier clear pens, but I have yet to see anything for kit pens.

If anyone can pass along the name of a source, I would appreciate it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

That is the idea of a demonstrator pen, to see the inside guts, and how the pen works.
What are you looking for? You can paint the convertor if you want a differnet look.
There are really no other options, ink cartridge or 2-3 types of converters. I guess you could make a piston fill or a sac pen. If you do, I sure would like to see it! [:p]

Mikey

This is what I was going for. I am not going to make a crystal clear pen, but I think it would be really neat to make some lucite pens without the tub inside so you can see the converter and ink color.

post-3074-1177525752.jpg

PenWorks

From what little I saw on the web, this is an eye dropper fill pen, uses no cartridge. I believe they have another clear pen that uses a cratridge.

Test taken from another site.

The only DRS - Direct Filling System - fountain pen in the world. The clear barrel is a large nearly one-half ounce reservoir for your favorite color of writing ink. This is the equivalent of 8 cartridges. The eyedropper supplied with each pen is used to transfer ink from the ink bottle to the clear pen barrel. Your days of discarding empty ink cartridges - bad for the environment - are over

Randy_

Mikey: I'm not clear([:D][:D]) on exactly what characteristics you require for your converter? The Schmidt converters that I have seen have a clear barrel so you should be able to see the color of the ink if the body of your pen is clear. Help us out with a few more details.

Mikey

Randy, I know the body of the converter was normally clear, but I was looking for something without the long black end that is on the Schmidt ones. Based on some of the products in the link above, I guess it'll pretty much look the same no matter what. I guess I could add a bit of color depending on the color of the material I am using.

Too bad there's probably a patent on using the pen body as the ink well.[:(]

bjackman

You could make at least a mostly transparent sac/squeeze converter using a standard cartridge and a silicon sac.
Cut the cartridge short, shelac/glue the sac onto the cut end and there you go. You would probably want to pre-trim the sac to a length slightly shorter than your pen body or you could have gushing issues when you screw the nib/section in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom