Looking for Dark Green Acrylic blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

I need some help. I have looked thru numerous websites and on eBay looking for a dark green acrylic blank. I've contacted exoticblanks.com, and waiting to hear back, but my model example would a "dark green version" of their Purple Metallic blank, which I've used and like a lot. Deep in color, very opaque, and single in color -- I do not want stripes/globs of other colors.

Thanks for any suggestions. Maybe I should make my own, but willing to buy if I can find a blank already available. I am going to try to visit Woodcraft and Rockler when I can, because I know the stores seem to have blanks you do not see on their website.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

Thanks for the suggestions. The Green Illusion is close, but still looks like it has a few swirls of slightly different green colors, although pretty subtle. The solid green from PSI is not quite dark enough. I think the best description I've come up with is an "emerald green" color.

The Purple Metallic blank from exoticblanks.com is the kind of opaque/metallic look I'm wanting (only in "emerald" green, and not purple). :)

It may help to explain why I'm being so picky. I've made several pens with a spalted pecan upper blank, and a solid black acrylic blank on the bottom. I've gotten lots of really positive praise on the combo. My thought is to try other colors than black for the lower blank, but I want very dark, single colors (green to start, maybe dark brown later).

I've gotten some offers of existing and custom blanks, and perhaps either of these may be promising, but by all means, keeps those cards and letters coming! I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
If you don't find exactly what you're looking for, you might try the PSI blank and paint the tube BLACK (and reverse paint the blank). I did that with their "Dyna Blue" blank (which can be rather light blue) and it came out perfect - a dark Navy Blue.

wiset1

Check with Eugene, he does some dark green pr with his mutt blanks. Most casters should be able to help though.

JRay8

you could spray paint a blank after you turn it. a few coats of CA and you shouldnt be able to tell its not solid color all the way through.

LeeR

Ted -- that link showing the difference in look achieved by choice of color for the tube was amazing -- never thought tha much variance would be possible. I thouhgt it just helped to hide the tube.

Robert -- thanks for the link. I am not sure how I missed those, since I checked both sites, but apparently not very thoroughly.

I believe I have several good choices now, including some from IAP members. Thanks to all for the help.

Top Bottom