Looking for a Cow blank (white w/ black spots)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allenworsham

I have a friend who runs our local Chick-fil-a restaurant and I want to make a couple of pens for him as a gift. Also,I am hoping that it turns out that he will want more, so I can make a a little money here and there as we ahve a number of their restaurants around the area.

Anyhow, their mascot is a cow that is white with black spots. I am trying to find some acrylic blanks that will do the trick. I found a couple of white and black swirls from Bear tooth Woods

http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_62&sort=2a&page=2

But I was hoping to find something with more spots than swirls. Anyone have a different source or recommendations?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Check out the Jersy from CSUSA.. Pretty close match, the old Decora Dalmation blank would of been nice too, but you can't find them anymore.

Not sure why the list it as Jersy, and if they mean Jersey cow's its even stranger because I have never seen a black and white "Jersy" cow. ;)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Firefyter-emt

Check out the Jersy from CSUSA.. Pretty close match, the old Decora Dalmation blank would of been nice too, but you can't find them anymore.

Not sure why the list it as Jersy, and if they mean Jersey cow's its even stranger because I have never seen a black and white "Jersy" cow. ;)

Lee, maybe they couldn't spell Holstein! :D

Milpaul

its_virgil

I have some of the Decora Dalmation which looks a lot like black and white Holstein cattle. PM me if interested.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Firefyter-emt

I have some of the Decora Dalmation as well, but well- isn't that sending the wrong message, Dalmations are Dogs.

Isn't Chik-fil-a's ad, cows trying to get you to eat more chicken? Not dog! [xx(]

Rifleman1776

I have one, maybe two, that I would describe as a 'Gateway' cow pattern. I don't remember what the material is. I'll sell for $2.00 plus $5.00 shipping. If you don't find something else, send me an e-mail reminder. I'm going out of town in a few minutes and won't be able to respond until Thursday night or Friday a.m. I'll take a picture for you then.

KenV

Yoyo Spin (Ed Davidson) makes a "holstein" style EPR blanks that is sold through Arizona Sil. It turns well and looks good. Did a couple of things for the Nebraska relatives a year or so back.

allenworsham

Thanks for all the help guys. I do appreciate your offers to sell me some of your extra blanks, it is greatly appreciated. Per your suggestions, I found the "Jersey" on the CSUSA site as well as the "Cowhide" on Woodcraft's site and those will do the trick.

Thanks again for all the help.

Top Bottom