Looking for a cow blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marshall

I thought i saw someone with cow blanks Black & white. Now i cant find the post. Does any one know where to find such blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I think you may be referring to the "dalmation" blank inlay kit offered by Constant Laubscher who is one of the members here on IAP. It looks a lot more like a spotted cow to me than a dalmation. Do a search on dalmation and you'll find the thread with a link to the member providing the blanks.

I hope that this helps.

Jim Smith

KenV

Ed (YoYo Spin) makes such a blank which is sold through Arizona Silhouette in Yuma -- Get ahold of Bill to get one of these EPR blanks (did one a few years ago for a farming friend).

Holstein as I remember -- also comes in a bottle stopper etc blank too.

Robert Taylor

the pen in the top of the pic is cowhide from woodcraft. the lower pen is one of bruce119 bowling ball blanks. fwiw i would make the next cow pen from constant dalmation blank.

Attachments

• IMG_7246.jpg
    IMG_7246.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 168

arioux

Odd that that blank is called "jersey" as Holstein would be more appropriate. The cow on the Borden milk jug is a jersey.

This mistake happen all the time. I think that the jersey milk bar at one time (in my youg time), had a holstein photo on it but was called jersey milk. This is probably where it come's from.

MorganGrafixx

I tried making a Euro with black&white Ebony last night. This turned out to be the most God-awful pair of pen halves I have ever seen. I didn't even waste the time and materials to assemble the thing. Honestly it either looked like a poplar pen body with a black ink stain on one part of it or cow hide. I couldn't decide...but I guess if someone were looking to make a pen look like a cow, this wood might be just what you are looking for.

Top Bottom