Looking for a couple old instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

Hi Folks;

I came across some odd (old) woodcraft kits and I'm wondering if anyone has instructions for them.

One is the taper pen

2006102222147_nk%20003.jpg

And the other is the desk pen

2006102222052_nk%20001.jpg

If you have a pdf or scan that you could email me it would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Hey Scott,
I have the mandrel you need for the desk pen if you want to borrow it. The little shor tube has threads in the end and it screws onto the mandrel. I can show you a picture of it when I get home tomorrow afternoon. Easy to use.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Mudder
<br />Hi Folks;

I came across some odd (old) woodcraft kits and I'm wondering if anyone has instructions for them.

One is the taper pen

2006102222147_nk%20003.jpg

And the other is the desk pen

2006102222052_nk%20001.jpg

If you have a pdf or scan that you could email me it would be appreciated.

jthompson1995

I have some of the taper pen kits myself, but no instructions. I made my first one the other day and it was pretty straight forward. It uses 8mm tubes, just like the Elegant American.

The one mistake I did make that would have been taken care of in the instructions was how to install the center band. you will need to turn a tenon down to the tube on the CB end of the upper tube (I think). I don't know how big exactly, but you could measure the dimension from the CB. There is a recess in the CB that accepts a flange on the coupler; the length of the tenon should be from the bottom of the CB to the bottom of the recess, not the whole width of the CB. When assembling, the CB is pressed onto the tenon, then the coupler is pressed into the lower barrel. When fully assembled, the recess in the CB will hide the flange of the coupler. (clear as mud, huh?)

Other than that, it was just like any other pen kit; drill, glue, trim, turn, finish, assemble. I hope this helps.

tnilmerl

I have the instructions. The taper pen is nice. Was my favorite for a while, but ALL of the kits I purchased had flaws in the finishes, especially on the clip. Not the easiest pen to make or assemble, but still quite nice. I have a bag full languishing in the drawer. Will probably use them as trainers when friends come over and want to try making a pen.

p.s. I have all of the instructions for the older Woodcraft pens. Sorta got into the habit of downloading them and putting them in my book so I would have them when I got around to spinning that type of pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom