Looking for chrome pen funnels with no luck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

I want to make a few pens that will sit in a funnel atop a desktop stand.

So far, after searching through Penn State, Rockler, Woodcraft and Craft Supply, all I have seen are gold plated funnels and I would like to find some chrome plated ones since I think the wood I am using goes better with chrome.

Has anyone seen any of these chrome funnels?

George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You may want to check with your local trophy shop. The parts may be a whole "deskset award/gift kit"(base and pen with the funnel) or as parts. They should be able to look in their Burlane, JDS, Contempo, or Johnson parts catalogues.

I need to go into the shop tomorrow to get a few little projects done, I'll try to remember to look as well.

Gulfcoast

George ---

You can obtain a chrome pen and funnel at http://klockit.com
type in 42048 in their "search" box, it will take you to their pens and funnels (letter "E" is their chrome pen and funnel.

You could use their funnel with your pen?

Joe

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Gulfcoast
<br />George ---

You can obtain a chrome pen and funnel at http://klockit.com
type in 42048 in their "search" box, it will take you to their pens and funnels (letter "E" is their chrome pen and funnel.

You could use their funnel with your pen?

Joe
Thanks Joe, but "E" looks like it's pretty slim and they sell it as a set. I emailed them to see if they would sell just the funnel and asked to measure the end. Option "K", the black funnel might work as well.

chisel

You could also turn your own funnels, out of whatever material. Wood, acrylic, aluminum, etc.

That way they could be whatever size or ornamentation you need. Just make sure the closed end diameter is compatible with some common drill bit size.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by chisel
<br />You could also turn your own funnels, out of whatever material. Wood, acrylic, aluminum, etc.

That way they could be whatever size or ornamentation you need. Just make sure the closed end diameter is compatible with some common drill bit size.
Then take them down the street to the local plating company and plate them to match the chrome parts on the pen? Nah, that's a bit much. I thought about making one out of the same wood as the blank but would rather find some chrome ones.

There's a trophy shop in town, I may visit them tomorrow.

chisel

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />
Originally posted by chisel
<br />You could also turn your own funnels, out of whatever material. Wood, acrylic, aluminum, etc.

Then take them down the street to the local plating company and plate them to match the chrome parts on the pen? Nah, that's a bit much. I thought about making one out of the same wood as the blank but would rather find some chrome ones.

There's a trophy shop in town, I may visit them tomorrow.

No, I didn't mean have them plated. I meant just have a nice material to compliment the desk set. Just a suggestion.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by arioux
<br />Hi,

Here are some:
Alfred
Thanks, Alfred. I must be horrible at Google searching as I didn't pull up either of these sites.

I sent an email to the Ebay vendor to see if he had some shiny chrome rather than the satin. Pretty good prices, even had the gloss black plastic base for $.75 apiece.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom