Looking for Casket Pen Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

I'm looking for a really nice pen presentation box that looks like a casket. I have a number of people that work at a casket manufacturing plant that I want to make a pen for, and I would like to put them in a casket pen box.

If there is someone here on the forum that makes them, or has plans, and am willing to pay. If there is another source, all input is appreciated.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

I have used those boxes from PSI, but I never considered that they look like coffins. They are nice pen boxes though.

You'll probably have to do a more thorough search or make some yourself. :biggrin:

navycop

Here are some coffin boxes from Micheals.. I don't know if it will hold a pen though.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 318

medemt

Hey Guys,
Yes this is Batesville Casket, but it is the plant in Manchester TN. I am there now and have been for the last 3 weeks. Let me know what you were thinking.

Thanks,
Dan

76winger

I'm thinking someone with a little creativity could take a chair rail molding and make the sides of a casket shaped pen box, then they'd just have to fabricate a lid, rails and liner.

plantman

:eek::eek: Dan: I have made pet caskets (yes I said pet) before for birds, hamsters, bunnys, you name it. The construction would be guite the same for a pen box. Figure out the length and width you need to fit the pen into the box. Draw out your casket shape on a piece of graff paper. Transfer or glue this to a length of 2x4. Cut out the shape of the coffin on a band saw. Next turn your coffin on it's side and slice off a 1/4" of the top, turn it over and do the same on the bottom. Mark these as you cut them so you know which way they go back together. Turn your coffin right side up and mark off a 1/4" wall thickness all the way around the inside of your blank. Go back to the bandsaw and, starting from the end, cut out the inside of your blank You now have a bandsawn box in the shape of a coffin. Sand the rough edges an a sheet of sand paper of a flat surface. Glue the cut end back together and clamp tight. Glue the bottom back on. Sand your outside surfaces, finish, and install interior. I finish the inside with silk, velvet, or use a flocking kit. You can buy hinges and findings at most craft stores. Look for 2x4s with small tight knots in them for interesting effect. For a more modern looking castet, use moldings or exotic woods, round the tops, carve them, or put small wooden or metal crosses on the 2 piece lids. The possibilitys are endless. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom