Looking for a case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

At one time I saw a post, and I don’t think it was here, of a pic of a pen with its own case. The case was a tube of wood that pulled apart to reveal the pen inside. I know its kind of poor information but if anybody has seen this and remembers where it was please let me know. Thanks MIKE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Recently, there was a photo of a red and white checkerboard pen on steroids that was a pen box for a pen made with the same pattern.
It would seem you turn a billet between centers to mimic a pen; part it; make a tenon on one end and a mortise on the other; and, drill out the center to hold a pen.
[:D] [8D]

CrazyBear

Hi Mike.. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Easy way to do this.

Take a blank big enough to contain the pen. Preferably in wood that will turn thin and hold its shape. Then find a drill bit larger than the diameter of your pen,

Either cut in the middle and then drill into both halves. then turn a shoulder and tenon long enough to allow the two halves to lock in place

Or cut one end off and drill into the long section of the blank and turn the top like a cork.

Either way then put top and bottom together and turn to desired shape and finish between centres.

I hope that this makes sense.
The finished design is down to wherever your imagination and your starting wood blank takes you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom