Looking for Blue Flame

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

I have a request for a pen with blue flame. Other than laser engraving and colorfill, any ideas? Thanks very much for any and all ideas.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You can buy some paua abalone and either cut out the shape or there is a supplier that has many different designs as well as shell blanks www.luthiersupply.com . Look under individual shapes. If they are not too wide you can glue them to tubes, cast around them and turn. If wide, glue several together and with a round file or sand paper glued to a spare tube and make a contour on the back side that will be the same shape as the tube. There are a few of these in my album. If you want to just try this out an only need one piece of abalone to cut out, send me a pm.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by fiferb
<br />I have a request for a pen with blue flame. Other than laser engraving and colorfill, any ideas? Thanks very much for any and all ideas.

How about going to your local hobby store and buying stickers for your model cars? Here are the ones my son used:

200751123812_DevinsCar.jpg

You would probably have to over-turn your blank and then use enough finish to bring it back to the proper size (and smooth it out covering the sticker).

GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom