Looking For

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have seen this blue material on very high end pens before and ran across a photo of it again and was wondering does any one know of any place to get material like this??? I have no idea if it is an acrylic or a stone or what. I love the color and grain pattern of the whites running throu it. It is not a homemade product. Thanks.

P10004142.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

John:
This photo makes this appear to be blue swirl bakelite. Ed4Copies has a very nice selection of bakelite and those are usually y first pens sold at shows.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey John,
Looking at the picture it appears the material is not very translucent. I can't tell whether its got "swirly white" or "swirly pearl"---that would help identify.

So, if you can answer those questions, I may be able to help you locate.

jttheclockman

Hey John,
Looking at the picture it appears the material is not very translucent. I can't tell whether its got "swirly white" or "swirly pearl"---that would help identify.

So, if you can answer those questions, I may be able to help you locate.

I know it is not translucent. I know it is not a pearl. I do know some famous pen maker company uses it but I can not remember the name. I had seen it in a pen store and do know the price was quite high. At that time I was looking at it the color was esquisit and that is what caught my eye. I should have paid more attention to what the guy in the store was telling me.:)The one in the photo is probably one of this manufactorers pens because it is the same look. I think it might be a stone. I don't believe a famous pen company would be using acrylics. I will have to do some digging to get some more info.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/compa...ppa-visit.html

Andrew ,really enjoyed reading this and as I always said "Viva Italian Pen Makers"..
Ed, how'd you like to have that much celluloid?

Roy,
I enjoyed the read partly BECAUSE I have always thought I could find the source for the celluloid used by these "high-end penmakers". It is comforting to know they make it themselves---that's why I can't FIND it!!!

Although we COULD have an acrylic made to our specs that would look just like these pens, I doubt anyone here would pay for them. Minimum order is about 500 blanks.

Anybody wants to take half, PM me.

I have been to that link many times.
On another forum, i think it was a fountain pen one, someone actually managed to buy some rods from them and had them for sale.
This was quite a few years ago according to the posting date.

So far i have had no luck finding any more for sale...
If i do i will post a link to them!

Just give me 10 minutes, a shopping cart and the liberty to take whatever i want!
A true one stop shopping experience!!!:biggrin:

Andrew

Top Bottom