looking for

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am looking for a white marble looking blank and a black marble looking blank. I have seen those ones with stripes running through but that is not what I am after. I have tried making the white and get somewhat close but I am sure there is a more professional looking blank somewhere. Any photos would be great. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Something like TruStone?

1_BlStatesman2.jpg

1_WhStatesman.jpg

calpens

This pen is made of lucite from pipemakers.org. They also carry black marble.

Attachments

• italian lucite marble.jpg
    italian lucite marble.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 152

jttheclockman

This pen is made of lucite from pipemakers.org. They also carry black marble.

I went to their site and did not see the black marble. Do you have a link??? I have never turned lucite. Is this harder than acrylic and are ther precautions for this??? Thanks. One other thing, I can not really make out if your pen you show is white with black vein lines runing through it???

calpens

There lucite comes in 18" rods so you can be selective in regards to the piece you cutoff your rod for your pen blank. My pen has black lines running through it in parts, however the rod it came off of is many white with black blended in, the lines are not that heavy. You can call them and desribe what you want and have her pick out a special piece. Its easy to turn, but make sure you paint the tubes as some of them are a litte bit translucent. I saw the black marble on the site but not the white (I dont think they have all the rods posted: http://www.pipemakers.org/rods01.html

Top Bottom