Look what followed me home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

Hi Guys,

Look what followed me home on Sunday.

There are 2 of these pen blanks for the first one to tell me what the timber is.:biggrin::biggrin:

Bob.

Not sure if this is in the right place.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 609
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 523

PenPal

Bob,

It looks like She Oak, Bull Oak at first I thought Xanthorrhea (not the variety Pressii it is a distinctive yellow).

Anyway very attractive.

Kind regards Peter.

Dan Hintz

That would make for a spectacular knife scale or a gun stock... something that would hold onto the entire pattern.

dbledsoe

Based solely on the title and no discerable wood identifiying prowess, I am going to say Dogwood.

Followed me home------Dogwood---get it? Took me a long time and 2 cups of coffee for the light to come on. I love clever stuff like that.

I'm guessing Fogwood.

Sataro

I will throw red mallee burl into the picture...maybe showing my wood identification ignorance here...:biggrin:

edstreet

Judging from the photo's my first guess would be wood.

From just speculating I would have to say it appears to be some type of tropical fruit type, i.e. avacado.

Bob Wemm

Based solely on the title and no discerable wood identifiying prowess, I am going to say Dogwood.

Followed me home------Dogwood---get it? Took me a long time and 2 cups of coffee for the light to come on. I love clever stuff like that.

I'm guessing Fogwood.

I also like the smarties, this one was clever, both of you. BUT it ain't Dogwood or Fogwood.

Sorry,
Bob.:wink:

robutacion

Hi Bob,

You learn quick how to made those things following you home, huh...???:)

Interestingly, there are about 4 tree varieties/species that I recall, that can produce a very identical grain pattern and colouration, I'm not going to mention names as I would spoil the fun, and that is not what I'm about however, I will be following closely and see who gets the closest...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

rogerwaskow

Hi

It's either Macadamia Nut from Queensland, Australia or another nut, also from Qld. Sorry, did not realize you have an answer. Sure looks very much like Macadamia as it has the same structure and I cut the tree down and have the wood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom