Look at the bottle, stupid!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

Then maybe, you won't cover your fingers and pen with CA glue when you meant to clean up with solvent.

Ouchies, and [:I]!!!

Your cordial imbecile who talks to himself,

Carl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I darn sure wouldn't let my wife know. Once she was done telling everyone we know, she would razz me well past the time it takes to wear off.

ctwxlvr

I personally have .... ummm .... had Friends that had CA on their fingers and all over a finished pen due to a loose center band. Yeah this it[:p]

Texatdurango

Know those little disposable bottles we all use? Know how similar in appearance boiled linseed oil and gorilla glue look? Know how easily felt tip marker labels rub off? That's as far as I'm gonna go, the rest is just pure admission to a big boo boo... but I feel for ya![:D]

DaveM

Was the next step getting a putty knife, and removing the GG?

DAMHIKT...
A "Friend" tipped a bottle of GG over on his "Clean" bench. (He shouldn't have nad any glue on that bench) He then proceeded to lay out a clean cloth, and take a finished pair of walnut barrels and lay them on the cloth to make a fountain pen. After sticking together the nib parts, he went to pick up the barrel, and noticed that it was stuck to the workbench and the cloth. He tried to wipe off the GG, but it ended up ruining the finish. Boy my "Friend" was mad! He even said a couple of bad words.[:I]

Dave

BTW, the same "Friend" has also glued almost every possible combination of body parts, household items, and hobby equipment together with CA at one point or another in his lifetime. He finally learned to keep some debonder handy.

pps.. He also has a pen blank ready to turn, with the tip of a rubber glove CA'd to it. Shouldn't be a problem, because I ... I mean he trimmed the glove really close to the wood...

MarkHix

as a newbie, I learn soooo much from you guys

A. Bottles are supposed to have labels
B. My wife went to the same wife school as Mlkwoodworking's wife did.
C. A loose center band is a valid excuse for lots of things
D. A gg finish is really an experiment
E. There are (was) such a thing as a clean bench.
F. If you trim the rubber glove close enough, you can save the blank

hughbie

i have the same problem DaveM. that is, i have the same 'friend' as you do. <wink>
my clean portion of my work bench gets a good scrapin' now and then to get rid of all the extra bits and pieces.
the price of debonder and a good scraper are well worth it.[:I]

rcarman

My latest "carry" pen is really convenient. It is permanently attached to my finger, never gets lost but don't scratch your eyes.[:)]

Stevej72

I use a biometric pad to read my fingerprint when a password needs to be entered on my computer. Many times it hasn't worked until the CA wears off, then I actually have to remember the PW and type it in. Maybe I need to enter more than 2 fingerprints into the system.

Fred

Handling Japlapeno Peppers and answering the call of nature is one thing. But do not ever grab the wife when she is amorous and "in the mood". You ain't ever rode a wild ride like that my friends. [}:)]

And TBone, you actually scrape off the CA? I have always just sat down and chewed my fingers clean, but then again I am an animal...

angboy

Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />I use a biometric pad to read my fingerprint when a password needs to be entered on my computer. Many times it hasn't worked until the CA wears off, then I actually have to remember the PW and type it in. Maybe I need to enter more than 2 fingerprints into the system.

Or just drop some CA on the pad??[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom