Longer Tool rest for Jet Mini Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get an 8"+ toolrest for my Jet Mini Lathe? I've scoured the internet and can't find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. [xx(]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I found one on Ebay and it was the 5/8" post for the Jet mini. Look under Lathes and accessories. Hope that this helps.
Mike

its_virgil

I had a friend with a welder make me several toolrests of different lengths. I used the hard grade bolts...grade 5 I think. I purchased some that when the head was cut off what was left was the same lenght as the post on my original toolrest. I then purchased several bolts of different lenghts, cut off the heads and threads and had the tools rests welded together. Bolt size is 5/8 inch (better check) I used grade 5 bolts because they are harder than the steel rods that can be purchased. They've worked fine for several years now with no problems...and I've had some nice catches turning other things than pens. [:D] I can post a picture if that would help.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by CSue
<br />Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get an 8"+ toolrest for my Jet Mini Lathe? I've scoured the internet and can't find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. [xx(]

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks you guys. I'll go on EBay and see what they've got.

I love the idea you gave, Don. I have a friend that does welding. If I can't get one on EBay or PSI, I'll give him your note.

Cathy Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom