Long tube clicker disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasontg99

I had a friend put his clicker through the washing machine. Since this is a single body pen, I am having difficulty trying to disassemble it. I unscrewed the nib end and used the largest punch I could fit in. The problem is the puch simply slides into the clicker portion of the pen and brings me to a standstill. Any advice?

Thanks,
Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I was working on one of these just the other day and I'll say that using the largest that will fit will simply destroy the clicker mechanism. Trust me I now have some very pretty parts.

My guess is that you need to use a slender one and angle it so that it hits the outside edge of the mechanism housing.

This is not a kit made as disassembly friendly.

dow

My guess is that you need to use a slender one and angle it so that it hits the outside edge of the mechanism housing.

Yep. What I did was to use the largest punch that would fit through the end and still give me enough room to angle it to the side to tap out the click. It's a challenge, but ain't everything? :)

nava1uni

If you take a more slender rod that can be bent and put a slight out ward bend it will be easier to keep it on the edge and do less damage. I find that sometimes this works better as it allows a greater angle to be achieved and less damage to be done.

jasontg99

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: THANKS!!! That worked like a champ! Seems like such a simple solution now. I was beyond frustrated when I tried to take it apart with the larger punch.

Top Bottom