long clicker returned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

Ouch, a friend returned her long click pen to me because the writing tip would not lock in place, except once the tip was unscrewed and re-attached. Drove her crazy as she is a busy lady. I dis-assembled the pen this morning and it appears the click mechanism is broken in side the top. Has anyone else seen this problem and, if so, is there a fix or am I going to buy a new kit?? Thanks, P.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Not to be mean, But it serves you right for playing with click pens. I made some clickers in my first year at penturning. Fastest way to make my work look like crap in my opinion. I have not heard much in the way of good news concerning them since.

make her a nice twist pen as a gesture of apology and live and learn.

Rounder

I haven't been too impressed with the clickers either. Haven't tried but a few but none have been smooth or work consistently.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I actually like the long click pens. I've never had a problem with them and it is, as of right now, the only style of click pen I make. The mechanism always feels firm and tight.

As far as an answer to your question, no. I don't know of a fix. I think I would make her a new pen, with a new kit, and throw in a freebee as suggested by Daniel.

JAZNCARR

i've had a return, lucky for me i knew the family and they were cool with me replacing the part... The white plastic part thats threaded for the chrome or gold sleeveseen on the outside broke in 3 pieces.. he was honest and said he dropped it,... I get requests for them but I don't particularly like them......

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I get my Long clickers only from Lau Lau, might make a difference, might not. I have never had one fail. I use (and abuse) one daily at work. It has been dropped, stepped on, used as a pry bar, used as a paper punch, etc. It just keeps going. I cannot give you a "fix" for yours other than suggest taking it apart and replacing the components. Even Mercedes has an occasional problem. Don't give up on the kit just because something broke.

Landon

bitshird

Skiprat did a post on how to disassemble a long click, but I've made several dozen of them and have never encountered a problem, Could you possibly have shortened the tube? There was a post a few weeks back that had almost the same symptoms, and that was the culprit, a ever so slight over application of a tube cutter. I'm not even sure what they are called they are supposed to cut the wood down to the length of the tube but sometimes they cut too much. Oh and by the way the long click pencil kits are garbage, I need to find that post from skip cause I have 3 of them I need to reclaim the wood and tubes from.

philipff

Long click

Well, to sum up the responses; The tube is precisely the correct length, the kit came from HI and it worked perfectly fine - -for 2 weeks. I think I will buy a kit from Craft Supplies and see if they have any better durability. P.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Well, to sum up the responses; The tube is precisely the correct length, the kit came from HI and it worked perfectly fine - -for 2 weeks. I think I will buy a kit from Craft Supplies and see if they have any better durability. P.
After further review, you will not find a better kit a CSUA, try replacing the refil.

Jim Smith

I have had problems with a couple of long clicker pens. What I have found it that the spring slips back onto the refil so the pen can not lock out in the writting position. You can remove the tip of the pen and pull the spring back off and slip it on again and it will work fine (for a while anyway). I think the springs are a tiny bit too large for this kit.

Jim Smith

Hubert H

My 2 cents. The springs can and are different sometimes. I have had clickers from different orders and the springs were just a little different in size. The larger ones can be a problem. Click pens are not my best cup of tea but the big clicker shows a lot of wood and that makes a nice pen in my opinion. HWH

Top Bottom