Long Click Mechanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I picked up a couple of long clicks for a project and am having some issues with them.

Both of them went together smoothly, but that is about where it stops. The click mechanisms both feel like they are grinding when you use them. With no ink, they move smoothly and nicely, but with any of the ink I have (stock, dayacom marked, super bowl 8900, and PR gel), they grind and hang up. About 1:10 times the ink won't retract until you press on it with something.

I tried stretching out the spring a bit and that helped a bit, but made it harder to actuate.

Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

I have found that if I take a small round file and cleaned out the nib hole slightly, it would fix this slight catching problem. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but it happens often enough that I do it automaticly now. I only use Schmidt refills and once I've used the file the pen works smoothly.

Fibonacci

I did not assemble it with the nib attached, and it is much much worse with the spring turned around.

I will try filing out the tip.

Thanks.

Joe S.

I may be the minority here, but I have better luck with the vertex and stratus kits. I've given this kit more chances than usual just because everyone here is always raving about them, but I haven't had one yet that didn't have a painfully loud and grinding click. And yes, I did try several of the fixes and made sure they went in straight. Disappointing because they are nice looking kits...

Fibonacci

Using a #35 drill bit was the solution.

I can't say I am super happy about having to scrape up the black ti finish to make it operate, but it is very nice now.

Top Bottom