Long Click Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Anyone able to help me with some instructions on how to disassemble one of these?

The CA cracked as I was putting in the nib coupler. The clicker mechanism was already installed.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Christian

I've been trying for weeks to get one apart, they're stubborn buggers!

Managed to get mine together without the clip...I know, pretty stupid.

Be interested to see any tips.

hewunch

Take a transfer punch that you can put in at an angle. Tap a few times on the edge of the click mech. Make sure you don't go down into inside of it though. Then turn it a little and do it some more. Basically, tap all the way around it.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Take a transfer punch that you can put in at an angle. Tap a few times on the edge of the click mech. Make sure you don't go down into inside of it though. Then turn it a little and do it some more. Basically, tap all the way around it.
What he said...:biggrin:

PTownSubbie

That is a major pain! I got it apart but have a question.... This is actually what I did to get it apart before I asked the question......

I slipped into the click mechanism a couple times. The plunger for the click now comes out. Is it normally held into the pen so it can't come out?

If it comes out, you can transfer punch out the nib and then remove the click mechanism......Would be much easier.....

Thoughts?

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I have never had one work properly after doing that to the mech. Maybe I was doing more damage than you did but I'd guess it will fail prematurely.

How weird is this. I JUST got finished destroying one completely, accept for the blank on it. The tub that the button is attached to, is nothing but soda can aluminum so you can just pound it out. I don`t know what to tell you other then have fun.
I took mine apart because the button was catching or something, it just did not want to come all the way back out. So I put the blank on a new kit and it clicks for awhile then stops retracting the cartridge. Dunno if I want this crap oh I mean kit again. Sure thought it was a nice quality kit.

Brooks803

The transfer punch method works, find the one that gives you enough to room to angle in to hit against the end of the click mech. Before I figured that out I kept destroying the kit so I said the hell with it and started cutting the blank in half on the bandsaw and punching each end out. Bought a new tube and went at it again.

Top Bottom