Long barrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

What is a good quality and I mean good quality kit with good platings that has a long single tube?? Longer than Sierras of any kind. And where can they be purchased. I like the one that Skippy used but it was mentioned of problems. Any others and if you have a photo as an example if you did one. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

Attachments

• feather clicker 00001a.jpg
    feather clicker 00001a.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 1st Casting 00003a.jpg
    1st Casting 00003a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 154
  • shakers2.24.09 00018.jpg
    shakers2.24.09 00018.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 139
  • shakers-October.jpg
    shakers-October.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 114
  • shakers-August.jpg
    shakers-August.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

BKelley

I personally like the Executive. It has a nice long barrel and comes in several platings. The long barrel shows off the wood and/or arcylic very well. It comes in either pen or pencil. The kits won't abuse the bank account and my small customer base like them very well.

Ben

Joe Burns

Hmm. No clicks. I really like the long clicks for showing off a blank. Try a Zen then. It has a longer barrel that shows well with a magnetic cap that is also postable. You can get them at Craft USA and I beleive also at exoticblanks.

Joe

Tim'sTurnings

I just tried a couple of the Civil War replica pens with mini balls on the ends. They are very long and one piece blank as I had trouble drilling them because of the length of the blank. Don't have pictures yet but they are a twist pen and I got them from PSI.

Try making some long slimlines with no center band. My favorite long pen is the Executive and Ben is right about it but now that I don't purchase from PSI I am not sure what I will replace it with! Another that can be made long is the Chicago kit if you customize it for a full sized cartridge. Cut your wood to 3 1/4" and purchase some extra tubes to allow for the extra length or if you feel lucky you can cut your tubes in half and glue that into each end of the tube!

Top Bottom