Logos on Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

thostorey

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada.
I have an opportunity to sell quite a few pens if I can find a means of getting the company's logo on the pen in some place. It would be the company name, consisting of 9 letters. Hmmm..I don't know how that could be done. Any suggestions??

Thanks, Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Hi Tom, check this link out, it is for laser engraving. I got this from Arizona Siloutte web site. His work looks good & price is fair. I plan to use him but have not yet.Anthony
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Here's another source. http://home.swbell.net/studio-n/penengraving.html
Also, try a local trophy shop as they often do this kind of work. Mine charges $7.50 for quantity one with discounts as I have more than one with the same inscription. It's a bit more expensive but there's no shipping. [8D]

Rifleman1776

HUT offers a nice selection of logos for the clips. But they are listed as only fitting: Ameroclassic Finial; Traditional; and Eurostyle. The HUT Traditional appears to be similar to the popular Slimline. Are they the same thing? Or are parts interchangable? Can the Traditional be made on standard Slimline mandrels and bushings? I know these companies want to sell their own stuff but I resist buying a confusing variety of new tools and things just to try a new style. Everyone out there wants to sell their own mandrels, bushings and widget adjusters. I am a strong advocate of the KISS principle of doing things. Color me confused.

G

Call ryan at woodturingz.
he is also starting a laser engraving service.
From talking to the guys,it is extremely reasonable and since you are doing a multiple order teh cost per pen won't be much with the shipping.

thostorey

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada.
Just an update on laser engraving. I took 50 pens (25 Mt. Blanc and 25 Polaris style) to a local trophy shop that does laser engraving to have a company name burned on the pens. He was able to do a great job, matched the font and all. As a matter of interest, the letters showed up better on lighter coloured woods and woods with a fine grain, ie. canary wood. The characters on wenge and cocobolo burned in just great but because the 'burn' is usually dark, they weren't as visible. It didn't seem to matter if the wood had been finished (friction polish and/or lacquer) or unfinished; the printing looked the same. The customer was VERY pleased [:D] I wish I had a picture to show you but I forgot to take one[:I]

tipusnr

Thanks for the info. I don't do any engraving at this time but its nice to have the information "up front". Congratulations on keeping another satisfied customer.

Rifleman1776

When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout. Or send an e-mail. To answer my own question I asked HUT, here is their response:
<<Yes, Our Traditional pen is the same pen people call the slim line.

Sincerely,
HUT Products>>

So, the simple answer is, if you want logo clips, the HUT series will work on Slimlines and some other models.

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />HUT offers a nice selection of logos for the clips. But they are listed as only fitting: Ameroclassic Finial; Traditional; and Eurostyle. The HUT Traditional appears to be similar to the popular Slimline. Are they the same thing? Or are parts interchangable? Can the Traditional be made on standard Slimline mandrels and bushings? I know these companies want to sell their own stuff but I resist buying a confusing variety of new tools and things just to try a new style. Everyone out there wants to sell their own mandrels, bushings and widget adjusters. I am a strong advocate of the KISS principle of doing things. Color me confused.

jwoodwright

I agree that light wood is better for the Laser Engraving. I had checked the Local Trophy shop and they don't offer darkwood plaques with laser engraving. The words disappear into the wood. They have some like the NCO Creed and it is small type and very legible...[8D]

btboone

I made a laser engraved pen for my son's elementary school teacher for a Christmas gift. She loved it and showed everyone and their grandmother, and now the school wants a large batch of pens made for their 20th anniversary for the entire staff. I found some Euros of maple or rosewood at www.laserbits.com for $1.98, so we could offer them to the school for a low price. Pen kits alone cost more than that.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
$2-3 wooden pens have been available for awhile on the 'net. The Oceania region can make things awfully darned inexpensively, but at some point they also have to make them cheap. Even if our costs are marked up 10 times in the supply chain, we still come up with at least $.30 worth of original cost. Then there's international shipping and distribution. For them to sell a wooden pen at $1.98, it's unlikely that the components are as high quality as what we demand. They may be good enough for the school to give away, but I doubt they're good enough to put the Boone name on. Just my two-cents worth.

Fred in NC

Lou, I have seen such pens. They are no match for a kit made pen. The components look cheap to me. I would say they are kind of light too. I guess you get what you pay for.

btboone

I agree Lou. If time wasn't an issue, I'd rather do them from scratch. As it turns out, today was a $3200 day for rings, and the day's not over yet. I have my new fountain pen designed and just waiting for me to make it. There's not enough hours in the day. I'll be in the shop till around 2:00 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom