A Little Peek

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Here is a peek at the blank I'm using. It's hard to see in the pictures but, when the light hits these, it looks like there is a peach/pink color on the outside. It can be seen a little in the last picture.
The lighter green is brighter in the light also.

I will be ready to start the assembly tomorrow. Only one week and six days before it gets finished.

Green3_zpsb88be935.jpg

Green1_zpsc3c97bdd.jpg

Green2_zpsf779be1e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just for your information so as to not clog up this forum with pen pictures, your photos should go in the Show us your pen forum. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just for your information so as to not clog up this forum with pen pictures, your photos should go in the Show us your pen forum. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I disagree John. This post is just fine where it is. He's starting a thread about a process of a pen (not sure what yet, but we will see how it plays out).

Show us your Pen is a forum to show pens. This isn't a pen yet.

Just a reminder - if you think something is wrong, you can alert the mods with the yellow triangle and we will make the call.

Dean
Asst Moderator.

jttheclockman

I disagree John. This post is just fine where it is. He's starting a thread about a process of a pen (not sure what yet, but we will see how it plays out).

Show us your Pen is a forum to show pens. This isn't a pen yet.

Just a reminder - if you think something is wrong, you can alert the mods with the yellow triangle and we will make the call.

Dean
Asst Moderator.

OK Dean. You are the boss. I am sure she will show us her pen when it is done and becomes a pen.

Dale Allen

So, Kelly, I'm wondering if you do the same silly thing I do and turn the blank down and sand and polish it before you turn it to size? I do that often just to see what the wood or plastic will look like 'before' I make the pen. Some never get any further along. The ends look like perhaps you have yet to drill them.
I remember that you use a CNC so are these to size or what.
BTW, that is a very nice blank. Is it your creation or a purchase?

healeydays

Here is a peek at the blank I'm using. It's hard to see in the pictures but, when the light hits these, it looks like there is a peach/pink color on the outside. It can be seen a little in the last picture.
The lighter green is brighter in the light also.

I will be ready to start the assembly tomorrow. Only one week and six days before it gets finished.

Nice color. What are the dimensions of the blanks and what kind of kit are you using?

08K.80

So, Kelly, I'm wondering if you do the same silly thing I do and turn the blank down and sand and polish it before you turn it to size? I do that often just to see what the wood or plastic will look like 'before' I make the pen. Some never get any further along. The ends look like perhaps you have yet to drill them.
I remember that you use a CNC so are these to size or what.
BTW, that is a very nice blank. Is it your creation or a purchase?

Dale,
This is the way these came to me, I purchased them. The picture is a leftover piece. They are not drilled when I receive them, I have to do that.
I'm sorry, I have no idea what CNC is.

Nice color. What are the dimensions of the blanks and what kind of kit are you using?

Healey,
The blanks are all different lengths and are 3/4" around. I'm using a Jr. Gent 1 kit. It's just a more simple design than the last one I made.

08K.80

It's all glued together finally. What a mess that is.
Now it's beginning to get cool/cold again and they are calling for snow this weekend. It might be a while before I can get this one finished.

On the upside, I am planning the next one so, when I get more time and nice weather, I can get the parts started for it. I can see having to order more kits if all of my ideas materialize.

Dale Allen

Kelly, my bad. I was confusing CNC with a metal lathe. Old age memory lapse or something. Anyway, I was thinking you used a metal lathe but I must be thinking of someone else.

08K.80

Kelly, my bad. I was confusing CNC with a metal lathe. Old age memory lapse or something. Anyway, I was thinking you used a metal lathe but I must be thinking of someone else.

I have an old Craftsman lathe from my uncle. I too get that memory lapse thing from time to...... what was I saying?:wink:

08K.80

Well, I went ahead and worked in the cold. I was able to get the two pieces turned and finished. I'm glad I did, I think it was worth the mess of gluing them.
Now I have to make the little finial piece and a new centerband. Then I can assemble it. Sorry, no pictures yet, maybe tomorrow.:wink:

08K.80

I finally finished it! Pretty cold outside but, I bundled up and made it through it. It took two attempts to make the centerband piece because I lost the first one under the table and couldn't find it.

I will take a picture and post it in a little bit.

Top Bottom