Little Help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKingsFan

Hey guys,

I need some help on disassembly of a statesman (CENTER BAND COUPLER)

I need to get it out, but my disassembly kit will not work. It has nothing to tap on to press it out.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for the help

Ron [?]:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

There is a punch in that Harbor freight set that will fit the barrel, but I have yet to get the thread coupler out in one piece and have it be reuseable. That sucker is in there !

LAKingsFan

Anthony,
you're right! I turned a small dowel about a 16th of an inch smaller than the brass tube. Got a hammer and tried to tap it out. Didn't even budge.

Ron

nilsatcraft

I've had to disassemble a few pens lately. Try wrapping a rubber band around the barrel to help you grip it, hold the barrel (with the knockout device inserted) in one hand and whack it with a mallot using the other hand. It might help to rest your holding hand on a table or your lap to give it support. It sounds like you may have tried something similar already but maybe the rubber band grip will help a bit. Good luck!

alamocdc

I used the HF transfer punch set to disassemble a Gent about a month ago. It worked great. I use an old neoprene backed mouse pad to grip the barrel while rapping the punch... neoprene towards the barrel BTW. Nothing damaged and everything went back together fine. IIRC there was one punch that would barely fit through the tube. It drove the plastic out w/no damage.

jkoehler

i hear everyone talking about these transfer punches.
as far as i know, we dont have Harbour Frieght up here in Canada.
does anyone know where they can be bought up here?
Or. is anyone interested in buying me a set and sending them to me?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom