Little grandaughter's pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

My little, almost 3, Grandaughter comes and spends Saturdays with my wife and I. She loves to color and draw with the pens I have around the house, but they are a little to large for her small hands. So I ordered some PSI Mini Designer Pens and went to work on them. They are thick pens with a large band, to large for small hands. I ditched the large band in favor of a slimline, and turned the pen down to a smaller size. I made the blanks out of Polymar Clay in her favorite pink colors, and added the Gold fittings. I put a PSI Magnetic Vertex in Chrome with rootbeer blank along side of it to give you an idea of the little pen's size. Both are finished with 8 coats of thick CA. Next one I may turn down a little more. I bought 10 of these kits to give away to kids at a show I am doing next month. I think she will be thrilled to have her very own little pink pen. What do you think? Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (640x209).jpg
    DSCF0003 (640x209).jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF0004 (385x640).jpg
    DSCF0004 (385x640).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are so cool. I bet she really loves them. I like those blanks. I have not tried working with any polymer clay. Maybe someday when I cannot find any more burls to keep me busy I will give that a try.

nava1uni

Your pens are very nice and I am sure that she will be delighted. You could also use the credit card pen, which is sold by Penn State and several other vendors. They are a nice size for little hands.

Hendu3270

Your pens are very nice and I am sure that she will be delighted. You could also use the credit card pen, which is sold by Penn State and several other vendors. They are a nice size for little hands.

The "credit card" pen is what I was thinking as well.

Top Bottom