A little gentlemany advice please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

I am still new enough to claim naivite (sp?) and ignorance. I have seen several question on the jr gent and pen names in general; but, my questions are a little different please. I have seen on a Jr gent - a jr gent 1 & 2 and a twist ballpoint. I have only seen pictures of a jr gent 2, with the gold filigree (correct word??) rings or the jr gent 1 (with a simple gold/black ring) and a jr gent ballpoint with a simple gold ring. I want to try all 3; but, can only find the jr gent1 and jr gent ball point. Who has the jr gent 2? And are all of these names correct?? I see variations in the names.
Is it possible to take one of the rings from a jr gent 2 and place it on the jr gent ball point and snazz up the ball point??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There is only one Jr. Gent ballpoint---comes in rhodium, which has a gold band in the centerband and it also has a 10kt gold version, with a black accent in the centerband.

The Jr Gent (II) rollerballs and fountain pens come in 4 plating choices---each with different centerband inserts. These pens came out to replace the original Jr. Gent, which was discontinued by CSUSA.

Then a Chinese version of the Jr. Gent came out, with all the same sizes as the original from CSUSA had. To differentiate, this has become known as the Jr. Gent I. The tubes for this kit are smaller than the current Jr. Gent II.

OKLAHOMAN

I am still new enough to claim naivite (sp?) and ignorance. I have seen several question on the jr gent and pen names in general; but, my questions are a little different please. I have seen on a Jr gent - a jr gent 1 & 2 and a twist ballpoint. I have only seen pictures of a jr gent 2, with the gold filigree (correct word??) rings or the jr gent 1 (with a simple gold/black ring) and a jr gent ballpoint with a simple gold ring. I want to try all 3; but, can only find the jr gent1 and jr gent ball point. Who has the jr gent 2? And are all of these names correct?? I see variations in the names.
Is it possible to take one of the rings from a jr gent 2 and place it on the jr gent ball point and snazz up the ball point??

I think you really might be asking about the Jr. Statesman with a gold filigree centerband. It uses the same tubes as the Jr. Gent 2, it's actually just a nice upgraded Jr. Gent 2, which has a Rhodium or Titanium center band with a gold ring
Here is a photo of a Jr.Gent2
DSC_0052-001.JPG
Here is a photo of a Jr. Statesman:
DSC_0051-001.JPG
Both of these are available at a number of Vendors here, CSUSA, Classic Nib, and as far as I know Exotics.

Gary Beasley

Interesting info. Do any of the Jr Gent styles have all metal thread components? I'm having problems with Jr Gent Apprentices having their plastic thread inserts snapped. From the description those are the Chinese version?

OKLAHOMAN

The male threads on the Jr. Gent 2 and the Jr. Statesman along with the Jr. Majestic are metal and the female insert threads are plastic, but in all the years that I have used them I never had any problem with the inserts, I can't attest to the original version 1 or the New Chinese version 1

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Jr Gent 1 unlike the Aprentice Jr Gentlemen is available in high end finishes Gold TN and Rhodium in the SPW Caballero available from me. I don't know of any jr Gent 1 still available with metal threads in the cap - they were abandoned because they cause premature wear which seems to have been worse than the plastic threads breaking. Most of the breaking of the plastic threads appears to me to be caused by abuse. Jr Gent 1 kits are also available from Timberbits.

There is another version of the Jr Gent ballpoint pen called the Woodworkers Jr Gentlemans Pen. I don't know who, if anybody, is carrying them right now though. If anyone has them they are probably in 24k gold but could be in any finish.

Last edited:

rblakemore

Thanks all, this has helped, I appreciate everyone's comments and patience.
I guess a follow on please. My son has had me turn a Jr. Majestic also.
This pen has two filigree rings - upper barrel cap and upper barrel base.
So, the differences:
Jr. Majestic, two filigree rings on the upper barrel
Jr. Statesman, one filigree ring on the base of the upper barrel
Jr. Gent, one ring on the base of the upper barrel.
Figuring out an order this morning.

Dan Masshardt

Thanks all, this has helped, I appreciate everyone's comments and patience. I guess a follow on please. My son has had me turn a Jr. Majestic also. This pen has two filigree rings - upper barrel cap and upper barrel base. So, the differences: Jr. Majestic, two filigree rings on the upper barrel Jr. Statesman, one filigree ring on the base of the upper barrel Jr. Gent, one ring on the base of the upper barrel. Figuring out an order this morning.

I don't think most of us compare based on decorative rings. There are various stylistic (and price!) differences.

One cool thing is that you can potentially turn the pen and then choose components based on how much you like the finished product.

Top Bottom