Little Black Book

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fstepanski

HELP please.. Have attended several events where pen turners pull out their little black book of pens. Thought I had seen this talked about some time back, however my searches “travel case†“travel†“carry†are not getting me what I’m looking for.

Any suggestions on selections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Give Ryan at http://www.woodturningz.com a call. The pen cases may not be on their website, but they have them...in 12, 24, and 48 capacities. I have two that hold large pens (like the gent and statesman and emperor,but are not really good for smaller pens) and the inside comes out and folds into a display. They are for sale...one still in the plastic and the other is slightly used. email me if you may be interested and I'll send you a picture of them. I bought them from Anthony a year or so back. I also have several of the cases from woodturningz.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by fstepanski
<br />HELP please.. Have attended several events where pen turners pull out their little black book of pens. Thought I had seen this talked about some time back, however my searches “travel case†“travel†“carry†are not getting me what I’m looking for.

Any suggestions on selections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Just make sure your finishes are TOTALLY cured, which may take weeks depending upon the finish. Uncured finishes can be damaged by the elastic straps, and closing up a case of uncured CA finished pens is a recipe for disaster.

gerryr

In addition to what Cav said, do not put pens with a lacquer finish in the leather cases. The chemicals used to tan the leather will cause the lacquer to fuse to the leather. DAMHIKT[:(!]

cutterwoodjoe

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />In addition to what Cav said, do not put pens with a lacquer finish in the leather cases. The chemicals used to tan the leather will cause the lacquer to fuse to the leather. DAMHIKT[:(!]
[/quote
Hey Gerry, Does that include Enduro Thanx ~ Joe

gerryr

Originally posted by cutterwoodjoe
<br />
<br />In addition to what Cav said, do not put pens with a lacquer finish in the leather cases. The chemicals used to tan the leather will cause the lacquer to fuse to the leather. DAMHIKT[:(!]
[/quote
Hey Gerry, Does that include Enduro Thanx ~ Joe

I have no idea because I have never used Enduro. Maybe someone who uses Enduro will respond.

Draken

The black pen pouch I use I got from CSUSA, it is the Pen Roll. It holds 18 pens and fits all but the largest of pens or pens with exaggerated shapes to them.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Boxes___Displays___Pen_Roll___pen_roll?Args=
The boxes I use I got on clearance from Ollies. I tend to stay away from the cases that use the little elastic straps after seeing first hand the damage they did to the finish of someone else's pens.

alamocdc

I get mine from Ryan at Woodturningz as well, but like Gerry, I learned about lacquer the hard way. After ruining four pens I realized that the lacquer (regardless of how long cured) reacts to the chrome tanning used on these leathers. I have since used only the velvet pen rolls from CSUSA for all my lacquer finished pens.

NancyLaird

If you have a spouse or a friend who sews, you can make those pen rolls in about 30 minutes. I have three of them that I made from soft flannel and, believe it or not, I get compliments on them. They are very easy to make, and you can make them as large or as small as you want.

Nancy (119 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom