A list of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
SO i finally got the nerve up to attempt the Laser cut kit i got at the chapter meeting weeks ago.

This was my first sierra kit.

It was also my first attempt at a laser cut kit.

It was also my first succesful CA finish! (the key is to not use much friction when applying the CA. I was applying WAY too much friction, wich was causing serious probs.)

Anyway, what do you kind folks think? Please be nice:)

http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=9734

sorry, i don't know how those cats are putting the pics in the thread itself, so all i can do is link it up.. sorry.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

SO i finally got the nerve up to attempt the Laser cut kit i got at the chapter meeting weeks ago.

This was my first sierra kit.

It was also my first attempt at a laser cut kit.

It was also my first succesful CA finish! (the key is to not use much friction when applying the CA. I was applying WAY too much friction, wich was causing serious probs.)

Anyway, what do you kind folks think? Please be nice:)

http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=9734

sorry, i don't know how those cats are putting the pics in the thread itself, so all i can do is link it up.. sorry.

You need to do things so we can comment on it better and that is put it in the "Show off Your Pens" forum and show us a lighter photo. Can't really make out the skull. But from what I see it is a great beginning.

I will make an edit to my original post. After I clicked on the photo it did get larger and a little brighter so I will stand corrected on that part but when showing pens it is better to put them in the right board. Gets more hits that way.

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
my fault. i was unsure where to put it. can someone move it? if not, no biggie.

RAdams

Banned
it was really overcast earlier when i shot that pic. tomorrow should be a much sunnier day, so my pics should come put better. I will re post it then, and put a thread in the correct forum.

It was alot of fun to do. It was alot like doing a regular blank, after assembly anyway.

Top Bottom