link belt for Jet Mini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarman

Will the smaller of the link belts fit the Jet Mini. Before I invest in one and find out it won't work (after the fact). I thought I would check here and I am sure someone has had the same idea. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
No. The link belts are made to fit the V-belt pulley with a single large "V". The Jet Mini lathe uses a Poly-V belt with more than one groove in the pulley. I think there are 4. The Poly-V belt is more flexible and allows transmission of more HP with smaller pulleys.

Fred in NC

Hello, the best and cheapest supplier that I have found for Poly-V belts is: http://www.aarubcorubber.com/ Very reasonable shipping charges too.
The web site does not show them. You have to call and tell them what you want. Jet Mini uses a "J" section belt.

Randy_

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />Hello, the best and cheapest supplier that I have found for Poly-V belts is: http://www.aarubcorubber.com/ Very reasonable shipping charges too.
The web site does not show them. You have to call and tell them what you want. Jet Mini uses a "J" section belt.

Yeah, it is a 240J.

Fred: Do you recall what they charge?? Thanks.

And to add to what Russ said, the link belts are not recommended for use on the larger wood lathes (or other tools for that matter) that use the Reeves variable speed drive mechanism. They will work; but are subject to premature wear.....the belts, that is.

Fred

If you have a table saw with a V pully system I believe you will be amazed at the difference in power to the blade as well as the sound reduction. Vibration caused by out-of-round V belts is completely eliminated by using the link belt system. I have thse link belts on my Lincoln Towncar and my Ford Explorer. Both vehicles perform much better and get better gas milage. I recommed the link belts on anything that uses V belts. I know they are expensive, but being on the road alot I can fix my broken belt with just a single link. I swear by them to all my fellow PI buddies since we just can't aford for the bad guys to catch us broken down. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom