Limited Edition Emporer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Well I done it. I ordered one each of the Limited Edition Emporer Pens.
they arrived and I just finished a very detailed inspection of both kits.
First the finish on the parts is nearly flawless. I did say nearly. I found two extremely small flaws one being a tiny scratch in the Rhodium plating, and I mean extremely small. the other was a flaw on the ingraving of the Black titanium kit. Yes this is being extremely nit picky. I consider them both well within acceptable. these kits have the finest finish of any pen I have seen.
the engraving for the Edition number is not as well represented by the posted photos as it is in real life. it is obviously top quality.
as withthe regular Emporer the kit comes packaged as other kits would with each piece in it's own bag. these bags placed in a larger bag. and then the whole thing is packed in it's own box. lots of unpacking to do but definitly keeps the parts safe.
had to edit to put this part in... got distracted...
the Solid 18k Gold nib is a real thrill just to hold. realizing it is an actual top of the line solid gold writing tip is enough just in itself. but it is polished and finished to the unth degree. in addition to that is the ingraving. beautiful nib rinted with the fact that it is 18k gold 750 B and all.
Included is a card that verifies the pen to be a Limited Edition as well a describing the features of the pen. plating,hand craftsmanship, Nib qualities, limit of the editon as only 500 pens. and states the unconditional lifetime guarantee.
on the other side of this card is space to write in the serial number of the pen as well as your name as the crafter and the material used.
As Anthony pointed out. there is a lot of weight to this pen just as a kit. I think I will have to give some consideration to this when it comes to material selection for it. I actually want Celluloid if I can find large enough blanks of it. and help there folks?
My single biggest dissapointment with these kits, and I have already spoken to Nils about it. is that although I got edition number 16 in the 22k version. I got edition number 382 in the Black Titanium. Seems the high number is due to the way the supplier shipped the kits to CSUSA. they got high numbers in there first shipment.
as for what I will price these pens at. Nothing, they are mine,mine,mine. I am actually suprised at myself that I bought them. but now that the shock has had some time to wear off. I'm glad I did.
Definitly a good way to treat yourself when you need a little pick me up. It will be a while before I actually get them turned as I expect to take my time in selecting material etc. they are going to be extra premium or redone.
maybe I should just order extra tubes now ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Thanks Daniel, I hope the pens turn out brilliant for you.

If someone wants to buy a kidney from me maybe I will be able to get a few kits.LOL

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
These kits are beautiful and quite different from anything I've seen from a kit, but I need some help in determining why the Limited Edition is woth so much more. The way I see it, the only difference between the kits is the gold nib and the engraving. The gold nibs are quite plain by most standards. They don't look any better than the standard Schmidt nibs. Yes, an 18k gold nib will set you back $50 or more (I don't buy in quantities of 1000), so there is clearly a worthy price bump there. Since the nib is the difference, why is the serial number engraved on the cap? As for the letter from CS USA, why would I want to use that. Basically it tells a prospective buyer that you are selling them a kit pen. I prefer to keep that my little secret.

With all of that being said, can someone enlighten me as to why I would want the LE over the standard issue with one of PenWorks' (Anthony's) fine 14k nibs? Unless I'm missing something, that saves me about $30-40 or more.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I tend to agree with Lou on this issue...
If I wanted a solid gold nib, I would purchase one from Anthony a lot cheaper than the extra cost of a LE kit. Also if I wanted to produce a numbered limited edition set of pens, I would have Ken Nelson engrave the cap (or some other area) with a serial number that was connected to my business, i.e. MFP 1of25... or something similar...

I can appreciate CSU offering a solid gold nib alternative, but personally think they are too expensive for my pocketbook. Also why a broad nib and not medium nib... I have always found a broad nib too wide.. my preference runs Fine to Medium..

Daniel

Lou, and Tom.
I can't speak for anyone else. And I would agree with both of your if the issue was only owning the Emporer with A gold nib.]
for me it is a bit more involved than that. I am trying to put together one of every pen kit offered. This one will not be around forever and I can get the other Emporers later.As far as my collection goes the numbered edition is a significant difference from the regular ones. Actually I hope they keep up with the Stateman,jr. Statesman and Emporer Pen direction. but this limited Edition stuff may put an end to my full collection Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom