A Ligero in Thai Rosewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

This is my first pen in Thai Rosewood. I thought it turned out ok and should appeal to those that aren't partial to the burls. Thanks for looking.

200512641736_ThaiRosewoodCochin.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Thanks Jim, I prefer the burls too. But I've found folks who don't care for them. I had a lady looking at a buckeye burl pen tell me "I wouldn't a want coffee table made out of that, nor a pen. It doesn't look like wood to me." She bought one in kingwood.

Gary

Originally posted by Darley
<br />This is a great pen, nice work, what kind of kit do you use fountain or roller ball?

Serge

Serge, this pen is a rollerbal as are about 85% of the pens I make. I make a few fountain pens but not many.

PenWorks

It's allot better than OK Gary. But I really like Rosewood, and it's a real good material for pens. I made a set of Wall Streets for a client with 16 different rosewoods. I bought two of each. I am going to keep the secound set for me if I get around to turning them.

Don't sell it short, because it's not burl. Very classy piece. Anthony

Gary

Thanks, Anthony. I think that's what the lady I quoted above was telling me...that there is beauty in simplicity.

Gary

Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Nice Gary--very "rich" looking pen!!! What pen kit is that?? I don't remember seeing that particular design on the centerband??

Thanks Tom, the kit is the Ligero from Craft Supplies USA

Gary

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I like the silver contrast to the dark rosewood. What finish do you use?

I use Myland's Sanding Sealer and Myland's Melamine Lacquer. Cheers!

JimGo

Gary, that looks beautiful! That's a great kit, too; I'll have to look into getting some of those when I use up the kits I have at home!

Gary

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Gary, that looks beautiful! That's a great kit, too; I'll have to look into getting some of those when I use up the kits I have at home!

Thanks Jim, the Ligero is one of my favorite kits, along with the Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesman. I really like it with the darker woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom