Ligero rear section keeps popping off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

So I have a handful of Ligero kits where the rear section keeps popping off from the tension of the refill spring every time you even tap the back of the pen.

It looks to be metal on metal, so my question is do you think loctite will be enough to hold it in place or do I have to resort to CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Twissy

I've had that on a couple and used epoxy.
Mt biggest issue with this kit is I have had 6 out of 20 of the cap finial break in half for no reason. I don't even have that part on when I press the brass threaded bush in. Have complained to my supplier who says he will report it to the manufacturer. A shame cos it's a good looking kit, and seller.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've had that on a couple and used epoxy.
Mt biggest issue with this kit is I have had 6 out of 20 of the cap finial break in half for no reason. I don't even have that part on when I press the brass threaded bush in. Have complained to my supplier who says he will report it to the manufacturer. A shame cos it's a good looking kit, and seller.
I sold a bunch of them and never had any similar complaints...

Carl Fisher

I had 1 finial cap crack, but out of the 10 or so of these kits that I've done, that was the only one I had issue with. I just wrote it off as probably my fault.

My only thought on the rear section being an issue is maybe I sanded my blanks too far to square them, but I don't really recall doing so. They just seem to be under too much tension for the snap on connection method with the refill really pushing on that spring.

I'll try a little red loctite and see how it goes.

I wish I could find another US retailer for these kits. My customers seem to like them over the El Grande for the decorative bands.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom