Ligero FP Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I got some Ligeros through Anthony's group purchase. While assembling one of the Platinum FP's, I used CA while pressing the parts together. So far, so good. The rosewood was so striking, I screwed the cap on and set the pen on my workbench to admire. You guessed it, I totally forgot about CA fumes. The metal of the nib is fine, but the plastic around the nib is etched. Any ideas? Does CUSA sell replacement nibs for Ligero? I didn't see any on their site. Any ideas on how to polish the plastic? Sorry Lou, TSW didn't help.

TIA,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Bill, you should be able to hand sand with MM start at 1500 & work you way to 12000, I hand sand allot of old FP barrels that way when I do my restorations. Good Luck Anthony

wdcav1952

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Bill, you should be able to hand sand with MM start at 1500 & work you way to 12000, I hand sand allot of old FP barrels that way when I do my restorations. Good Luck Anthony
Anthony,

Thanks, I'll give it a try, but you should know that dentists are not any good with their hands! (lol, I hope!)

wdcav1952

Anthony,

Think about it, where else can you legally hurt people for a living and get reasonably well paid for it? Since I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons now, I just consider my services part of their sentence. (lol, for sure)

wayneis

If you have not already started, I would try starting at 3200 if the etching is not to bad. Fifteen hundred is to me at least pretty course if the etching is mainly smoky looking.

Wayne

wdcav1952

Wayne,
I had left the nib at work and brought it home today. I only have the 4000 - 12000 MM, so I will definitely follow your advice. The damage seems to be mostly where the plastic joins the metal nib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom