Ligero Is Being Discontinued !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

In another current thread, Ben Williams, general manager for CSUSA, stated that this kit is being discontinued and is currently on sale at 30% off.

If you are one who likes this kit, you had better stock up!!

.....Our write up on the Ligero Pen clearly states that the nib is German made, and that it is an iridium point. There is definitely some doubt at this point as to whether or not that is true. If it is not true, I can assure you that you were not mislead intentionally. To our knowledge, these nibs came from the same manufacturer, and we had no reason to believe that they would be different. We had decided to discontinue this pen for other reasons, but this makes the decision even easier. These pens are currently “Clearance Priced†at 30% off, and will not be in our upcoming Fall/Winter Catalog.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I just read that thread and got all excited, a group buy without the group! Then I looked it up and found that it was basically just the plastic El Grande with another name. [:(]

But still, a rhodium rollerball kit for $8.39 or the 10k version for $6.29... not bad!

Tea Clipper

The Ligero may look like the El Grande with a different trim pattern on the outside, but on the inside, the Ligero is not plastic, but metal. The threads are very smooth operating, and the whole pen weighs a full ounce more than the EG giving it that 'heft' feel to it. Too bad it is being discontinued...[:(]

Randy_

Originally posted by Tea Clipper<br />.....and the whole pen weighs a full ounce more than the EG giving it that 'heft' feel to it. Too bad it is being discontinued...[:(]

Ron: Are you just "ballparking" or do you have a scale and weigh pens?? If you have a scale and can weigh some kit pens for me I would love to have that information for my PRC.

Tea Clipper

Randy, that was going from memory but it should be close. Yes, I do have a postal scale that I use for mailing pens. It's a digital scale with a resolution of only 0.1 ounces. If someone could weigh in grams that would be better for your database. Failing that, I could weigh kits for you if you like.

Randy_

Hey Ron: Any information is better than none and I can deal with converting from ounces to grams. A tenth of an ounce is 2.8 grams so your scale is weighing to 1.4 grams ±.....not a terribly big deal when you consider that a penny weighs 2.5 grams. There is going to be more variation than that due to the type of wood used for the kit. I'm not trying to nail these weights down to the Nth degree, just trying to get some sort of a figure as a basis for comparison. As you know, weight is not a definitive parameter for pens anyway. A heavy pen can feel very comfortable if the balance is right and light pen can feel awkward if the balance is wrong.

Some digital postal scales have the option of measuring in either grams or ounces. Do you know if yours has such an option?

Tea Clipper

Mine is a very basic unit that I bought several years ago; it does not display grams, only ounces. Although it does have a feature that you can program in the current postage rate and it'll tell you how much it'll cost... not relevant I know.

I'll see if I can't find some time this weekend to weigh up some kits.

Randy_

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />In another current thread, Ben Williams, general manager for CSUSA, stated that this kit is being discontinued and is currently on sale at 30% off.....

[teal]For those of you who might have been puzzled like I was, the sale information has not been posted on the web site yet. Eric Dorman @ CSUSA says they are a little behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom